“One of the best hostels on the east coast”
Review of Nomads Byron Bay

Nomads Byron Bay
Reviewed 16 June 2014

There are cheaper hostels around, but none would compare to this one and I'd recommend paying the extra money for this. The spacious rooms are cleaned by four people every day and the kitchen is spotless. The guests all seemed sociable and friendly and gathered in the evenings in the brilliant rooftop area that is perfect for making new friends

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff were super friendly; the dorm a little small but great value; toilets clean; and a great common room/courtyard area that is great for meeting people! Nomads is right in the middle of town and within walking distance of beach, shops, clubs, etc. It really topped off our weekend and would recommend it to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went up for 6 nights over the Australia Day week. There were 7 of us and we stayed in a 8 man dorm, room 201 from memory. Firstly the price was very reasonable and the rooms weren't 100% fantastic but it met our need exactly. The bathroom facilities were pretty good most of the time. The kitchen facilities slightly exceeded our expectations and having $2 pasta nights and cheap BBQs were hella rad for 7 students. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything including shops, restaurant, clubs and quick 2minute walk to the beach. The best part of nomads was the staff and the vibe there. The staff were really cool and chilled and would basically hang out with us when they were not working. It had the 'no worries, all good' vibe byron bay is known for and they were more than happy to give us suggestions to go to eat and party. I would recommend people to go there if they were looking to have a good fun time with friends. We 100% will be back next year. Thanks for the awesome stay it made our holiday

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Karine B, General Manager at Nomads Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Anthony M,

Thanks for the awesome review! I have made sure all of the staff have read your comments and we're all stoked that your group enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your return!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for one night in girls six bed dorm and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of accommodation - room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfy and clean. Showers and toilets were uni-sex but again clean and tidy and endless hot water (for which I was very thankful for - I had come down for winter whales ocean swim). Although I didn't use kitchen it looked really well kitted out and tidy.
Reception girls were so lovely and helpful and really made you feel welcome.
At the end of the day it is a backpackers and has a very young vibe about it but it served it's purpose for me for my one night stay.
Really well located in the centre of Byron - but tucked away down a little side street.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you're looking for anything more than a budget bunk in a dorm room, look elsewhere. Private rooms are very small and mine needed a complete revamp (pretty dirty and bed pretty knackered). Yes, it did what was needed but there's lots of noise from inhouse entertainment and residents as well as surrounding businesses from early in the morning til very late at night. Seemed to suit the budget backpackers well enough tho with organised activities and staff were all very friendly and helpful. So depends what you're looking for and probably aimed at the younger end of the market!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Joh H,

Thank you for taking the time to review to your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay. I apologise that the stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the process of a maintenance upgrade / revamp in all of our private rooms to ensure all of our guests are satisfied and enjoy their experience.

Thank you also for the comments regarding our organised activities and friendly staff. We do put a lot of effort into customer service and guest activities, so our backpacker guests meet others and enjoy their experience with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After reading previous negative reviews I tried to have an open mind and make my own opinion of the Hostel. As I have stayed in over 25 hostels overseas, I thought it couldnt possibly be that bad. Upon arrival, the reception area looks nice and modern. As soon as we went to the second floor, the carpet was DISGUSTING. Stains everywhere and I literally couldnt believe they would leave it in that state. The 'deluxe room' was far from. Two single beds DO NOT equal a King size bed. There was a crack down the middle and the mattresses (if you would call them that) were sunken in and uncomfortable. Our blanket (no comfortable doona cover) had stains on it. There was crumbs on the floor of our room. In the bathroom, there was mould on the showerhead. There is no where to place your toiletries in the shower, and our shower leaked horribly. The room is only made up if you request it. There is a small balcony attached, with cigarette butts and a rusty table included. There seems to be an issue with the doors in the hostel, as they are easily slammed. All night we heard people slamming doors. The noise was so loud it woke me up numerous times. I couldnt wait to go home so I could get a good nights sleep. I didnt have high expectations as it is a hostel, but the price I was paying for a 'deluxe room' is a joke and an absolute rip off. I will never ever stay here again. Do yourself a favour and pay extra for a nice room in a nice hotel. This hostel almost ruined my holiday.

Room Tip: Dont book here. Save your money and stay somewhere of better quality.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eliza M

Dear Eliza M,

Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay. I was very disappoint to read your comments and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any discomfort and inconvenience you experienced.

I have discussed your feedback with the Housekeeping and Maintenance staff to make the necessary changes to ensure we do not receive feedback such as this from any of our guests in future. As such, our maintenance team have done an audit of all of the guest room doors and fixed everything that was required and all our housekeeping team has been retrained on our housekeeping standards.

Eliza M, once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is feedback such as yours that enables me to improve the product we offer.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Right in the heart of Byron, Nomads was a great choice. Most (but not all) staff were friendly and very helpful and dorm checks were carried our dilligently to ensure that we arrived back to a fresh room! The booking process was not as simple as it should have been and took quite a number of phone calls and emails - but I would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014