“Wedding Anniversary Indulgence”
Review of Garden Burees

Garden Burees
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the wonderful Garden Burees for 3 nights for our 20th wedding anniversary and we can't speak highly enough of the room, the service, or location. All excellent. It was the perfect place for such a short stay as we spent most of our time in Byron and it was so close to the shops and restaurants ,but far enough away as to be very quiet at night. Loved the cinema next door and the Brewery for a drink afterwards. Found it just by Google searching "couples/romance" accommodation and it was perfect - and perfect price too. Will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GardenBurees, Manager at Garden Burees, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Athena,
We are completely delighted that you soaked up everything that the burees has to offer and especially on such a fantastic occasion. Happy 20th wedding anniversary and see you in the near future for another indulgence. what a lovely review...thank you - Simone Phillips

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Four friends & I just returned home ( 16th June 2014) after a stay in the Grande Buree & I miss the place already. Prior to our trip I spent countless hours searching on the internet for 3 bedroom accommodation that would give us a unique Byron Bay experience but nothing showed up that appealed to me. Luckily the Australia edition of the Lonely Planet Guide steered me towards the Arts Factory Backpackers Lodge which had a link under "Funky Abodes" to the Garden Burees. I was looking for somewhere special to celebrate my 40th birthday & boy did I get it! I hadn't told my friends where we were staying & they fell in love with the place as soon as they saw it too. Three of my friends have been to Bali & they assured me that this was the next best thing. The Garden Burees are situated a short distance from the CBD (less than a 10 minute walk with high heels on while carrying a 6 pack of alcohol) & yet we felt like we were in our own private paradise. We were able to put the outside spa to use despite it being Winter (which is unheard of when you live in Victoria). We spent far more time in the Grande Buree than we had planned because it was so beautiful and relaxing. One of my friends loved the fact that bath robes were provided. The champagne and Byron Bay Cookies were a nice touch too. We hardly heard any noise from other guests in the Garden Burees or the Arts Factory Backpackers Lodge which is close by. Might take the husband next time!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GardenBurees, Manager at Garden Burees, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Nicola, it is so great to hear that you had a great time for your 40th in The Grande Buree. It is a very unique and special place and we are over the moon that you found us. The Bathrobes are very fluffy! We really look forward to seeing you again with your Hubby, please do not forget to call directly for your return guest discount - Simone Phillips :)

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the garden burees and really enjoyed our stay. The location was great, short walk to the beach and local shops. The hubby and I felt very refreshed and calmed after our visit and plan on coming back soon. The burees were everything we wanted for a weekend away and the owners were lovely, leaving us to enjoy our private weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sashia M

Thank you Sashia for your review on your stay in a Garden Buree. They are very cute and it is wonderful to hear how much you both had a relaxing and fun stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back - Simone Phillips ;)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I headed down to Byron Bay for a quick getaway from Brisbane. Booked into Garden Burees through hotelclub since they had a deal for an extra 12% off. We stayed in the Galeria buree, which was lovely and relaxing, rustic beachy style reminded me of the old bachs in New Zealand. Bed was comfy, shower was warm with good pressure, it was a bit cold but the heater supplied fixed that. There was supposed to be free wifi but we couldn't get our modem to work (I'm sure that would have been rectified of we had been bothered to talk to the manager). All in all, a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

What a beautiful review on your stay in The Gallery Studio, I looked up the old bachs in New Zealand and there is definitely a similar look. I had never seen them before. Happy Travels and thank you for reviewing us - Simone Phillips :)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great value for money close to the Byron main hub . We will be back :) rooms had attention to detail ,beautifully decorated .The garden & surrounds reminded us of being in Bali but without the chaos .we stayed in the Birdsong - 2 bedroom 2 double bed accomadation .The kitchen was full size & modern .The enclosed private patio area is beautiful complete with outdoor dinning table ,lounge & sun lounges . This is a great getaway for couples / friends & families with various accomadation set ups . The Backpaker village located adjacent was a friendly noise of laughter & gauitar ...... We can't wait to return :)

• Stayed: June 2014

It makes our day to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in Birdsong Hideaway. The decor is beautiful and we always like to see locals staying in Byron, it's so close to Coffs Harbour. Thank you for your review - Simone Phillips :)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I love the Garden Burees and I've stayed in the beautiful big Grand Buree twice, once with my partner and 2 other couples and just recently we had a fun girls weekend there. It's an amazing Bali-inspired house with a private garden and outdoor entertaining area and is perfect for families or groups of friends (as it sleeps 7). The outdoor spa pool is exactly how I like it - hot! For our girl's weekend we spent most of our time in the spa, had beautiful treatments next door at the Buddha Garden Day Spa and enjoyed the awesome food spots in town, especially Asia Joe's behind the pub. I'm a regular to Byron and have stayed in various places, but The Garden Burees is my fave. Next time I go back there, if I'm just with my partner, we'll stay in one of the other rooms suitable for just 2 ... but I'm gonna miss that spa pool!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Tracey for your gorgeous review on your stay in The Grande Buree. I think you need to try out Dragonfly's Rest next time with the wonderful clawfoot bath under the stars. I look forward to seeing you again soon - Simone Phillips :)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Three girlfriends and I recently stayed at the Grande Burees at Garden Burees and had a fabulous weekend. We spent a large part of the time in the hot/cold plunge pool and enjoying the surrounds with wine in hand. Although Byron Bay is so beautiful and there was so much to do, every time we ventured out into the town, I was excited to come back. The decor is stunning and the service is second to none. We'll be back as soon as possible :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Grande Burees - it was incredible!