Atlantic Byron Bay
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great location near the top of the Main Street, the receptionist was very helpful on arrival. We had a standard room, although a little small was ok for 1 night. Lovely gardens, linen and toiletries. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank brightonbeachboy

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Byron Bay is glorious - and very popular and busy. We found The Atlantic on-line and were so happy with the room and environment that we immediately extended our visit (would have stayed longer but they were booked up). The room was small but very clean and efficient; with an extremely comfy bed and wonderful bathroom - tub & rain shower!!! The shared space is an open-air (very well equipped) kitchen and sitting area where we got to enjoy chatting with other guests - over a glass of wine or a cup of coffee & breakfast. We even barbequed on the 2nd night. The area is close enough to the beach (a few minutes to walk to the Main beach) and all of the cool restaurants and cafes, but far enough away from them to be quiet at night. Staff were very attentive and helpful whenever we needed them. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolette E
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Atlantic in September for five days and we had a wonderful time. When I first made the booking it was for a standard room in the boutique complex however there was a miscommunication and the dates booked weren't for when we had thought and were infact for one month later. Therefore when I called to confirm after receiving an email about the booking I was devastated to find out what had happened and that they were fully booked for the dates we actually wanted. This situation could have gone badly and I may have been here writing a negative review never the Atlantic handled this so professionally first taking full responsibility (despite it possibly being my own fault not clearly confirming dates when booking), they then offered me a number of similar alternative accommodation places to contact and finally they called me back to inform me they had the fabulous airstream available. My partner and I decided to book the airstream and we were not disappointed, it was such a fun, different and novel way to stay and we found it very comfortable and relaxing. We had full use of the Atlantic common areas such as the kitchen and relaxing lounge areas. It is certainly somewhere we will stay again and have made sure to recommend it to all our friends. The Atlantic airstream is Byron's best kept secret!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDGN13
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed in Atlantic Byron Bay on the 2-3th of December because I needed to work in the area. It was really an amazing location. Surrounded by palm trees, and even a friendly water dragon, it felt like being in a tropical paradise.

What stood out for me in relation to work was the excellent internet connection. Therefore, I was able to work at several places within the hotel environment; in front of my cottage, under a palm tree, inside. This is the first time I had such a good wifi connection while travelling through New South Wales, so this was a very nice surprise.

Also the staff was really friendly and pro-active in giving me tips for places to eat or to visit. They also provided me with a map without asking, which is to me a sign of true hospitality.

Furthermore, when I needed to wait for my bus, on the day of my check-out, in the late afternoon, I could leave my bags at the desk during the day and even after I had checked out I was allowed to work on their terrace for a while with again a free wifi connection. This made it for me so much more relaxing to explore Byron Bay for the last few hours before my bus left.

Overall I had a great experience which I will never forget. Thank you so much Atlantic Byron Bay staff!

Room Tip: Excellent Wifi, plenty of places to work from in the hotel environment, nice patio so you could enjo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anna-Phd-student
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Beautiful place, ocean themes, plenty of space, cosy rooms, comfy beds, beautiful decor ..... We just loved our stay here. It was utterly relaxing and chilled! When we come back to Byron we will stay here again. It is in a beautiful, corner spot close to the beach and utterly delightful! Wish we could have stayed longer ..... This place should be kept secret for those who know how fabulous it is to keep it to themselves but it is far to brill not to tell! They have got the recipe bang on! Love, love, love this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsLillieB
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just had one night here on a coastal road trip, but wished we had booked to stay longer. We had a ground floor room in one of the guest houses and it was so beautifully appointed, clean and spacious. The bedroom wasn't huge, but the bathroom was spacious with bath and walk in shower, but the communal kitchen, eating and outdoor areas were lovely. Byron Bay is a really nice little town with good restaurants. We ate at the Itialan which was pretty good value. An early morning trip out the light house is an absolute must - highlight of our trip to watch the whates. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosieWinchester
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great place to stay. Quirky and cute. Large rooms. Although booked out, it was private and you didn't really notice anyone else. Much better all round then Bayhaven, if you are comparing, Atlantic is by FAR a superior property. Will definitely stay again, great location and close to town.

Room Tip: Premium Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple