“Great accommodation in Byron”
Review of Atlantic Byron Bay

Atlantic Byron Bay
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Byron Bay
“Great accommodation in Byron”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I always struggle with accommodation in Byron - it's either backpackers or dreadfully expensive. A friend organised this place for a quick weekend away. It's a different concept - rooms off a communal living room, but for a short stay it was great! Owners are lovely and really helpful. The only (very small) criticism I have was that the timber floorboards are noisy - particularly when the other guests arrive back at 2am from a wedding ... But that's certainly not the owners fault! We liked it so much we are staying again in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary. Have been before and stayed in a room, this time thought we would try the lovely airstream. It was a lot of fun...what a great place to stay...gorgeous gardens, quiet guests, friendly service and close to town. The airstream has everything you would want...word of warning if you are big or tall the bed is only really a double size. I will always stay at the Atlantic when visiting Byron Bay as for the price it really is unbeatable. Would be lovely if they had a pool !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Great location near the top of the Main Street, the receptionist was very helpful on arrival. We had a standard room, although a little small was ok for 1 night. Lovely gardens, linen and toiletries. Well worth a visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank brightonbeachboy
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Byron Bay is glorious - and very popular and busy. We found The Atlantic on-line and were so happy with the room and environment that we immediately extended our visit (would have stayed longer but they were booked up). The room was small but very clean and efficient; with an extremely comfy bed and wonderful bathroom - tub & rain shower!!! The shared space is an open-air (very well equipped) kitchen and sitting area where we got to enjoy chatting with other guests - over a glass of wine or a cup of coffee & breakfast. We even barbequed on the 2nd night. The area is close enough to the beach (a few minutes to walk to the Main beach) and all of the cool restaurants and cafes, but far enough away from them to be quiet at night. Staff were very attentive and helpful whenever we needed them. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicolette E
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Atlantic in September for five days and we had a wonderful time. When I first made the booking it was for a standard room in the boutique complex however there was a miscommunication and the dates booked weren't for when we had thought and were infact for one month later. Therefore when I called to confirm after receiving an email about the booking I was devastated to find out what had happened and that they were fully booked for the dates we actually wanted. This situation could have gone badly and I may have been here writing a negative review never the Atlantic handled this so professionally first taking full responsibility (despite it possibly being my own fault not clearly confirming dates when booking), they then offered me a number of similar alternative accommodation places to contact and finally they called me back to inform me they had the fabulous airstream available. My partner and I decided to book the airstream and we were not disappointed, it was such a fun, different and novel way to stay and we found it very comfortable and relaxing. We had full use of the Atlantic common areas such as the kitchen and relaxing lounge areas. It is certainly somewhere we will stay again and have made sure to recommend it to all our friends. The Atlantic airstream is Byron's best kept secret!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GDGN13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed in Atlantic Byron Bay on the 2-3th of December because I needed to work in the area. It was really an amazing location. Surrounded by palm trees, and even a friendly water dragon, it felt like being in a tropical paradise.

What stood out for me in relation to work was the excellent internet connection. Therefore, I was able to work at several places within the hotel environment; in front of my cottage, under a palm tree, inside. This is the first time I had such a good wifi connection while travelling through New South Wales, so this was a very nice surprise.

Also the staff was really friendly and pro-active in giving me tips for places to eat or to visit. They also provided me with a map without asking, which is to me a sign of true hospitality.

Furthermore, when I needed to wait for my bus, on the day of my check-out, in the late afternoon, I could leave my bags at the desk during the day and even after I had checked out I was allowed to work on their terrace for a while with again a free wifi connection. This made it for me so much more relaxing to explore Byron Bay for the last few hours before my bus left.

Overall I had a great experience which I will never forget. Thank you so much Atlantic Byron Bay staff!

Room Tip: Excellent Wifi, plenty of places to work from in the hotel environment, nice patio so you could enjo...