“Very good service”

Discovery Parks - Byron Bay
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was very pleased with the excellent service offered by the booking manager. There was some initial confusion over the booking which could have cost me a considerable sum of money. Although I felt I was 'in the right' I expected to have to fight for a refund and perhaps look to other avenues to recoup my money.
Even though I was now not to stay, the booking manager organised for a full refund - a cheque sent to me in Victoria within 5 working days. I was surprised at the reasonable approach and have no hesitation in suggesting this business is worthy of trust -well done.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 October 2013

twin share cabin in school holidays was a fair price at $95 with young children staying free. cabin was clean and airey and fully self-contained with nice clean bedding and firm (rather than saggy) mattress. there was also plenty of camping spots available in the lovely treed camping area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank davidhughtaylor
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked what was supposed to be a discounted price of $225 for a cabin a Byron Bay Tourist Village. When I checked in I discovered the price for the cabin was actually $150 which the office staff at the Village had tried to conceal by blocking out the price on my receipt. When I queried this with them they said it was $225 because there were three people. I informed them that there were only two of us and that their receipt said as such. They then informed me that they had upgraded our cabin. I find this hard to believe as the cabin we were offered was very old and dilapidated. They refused to refund the overcharge of $75. I was so annoyed that my husband and I left and did not stay the night. I will leave this feedback on as many places on the net as I possibly can to avoid others being ripped off by the Byron Bay Tourist Village.

Room Tip: Avoid this place altogether
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dale J
Sue M, Manager at Discovery Parks - Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

On behalf of Byron Bay Tourist Village we would like to thank you for your review.

I understand that you made a booking with Booking.com website for a 3 Person Cabin and recorded 3 people on your booking form. The cost for this room type and 3 people on a Saturday night during this period is $225 which is what you paid.

I am extremely sorry to hear that my staff made a clerical error with your booking and recorded the change in your booking from 3 people to 2 people. As a result this altered the amount on your paperwork.

As you can understand booking through online websites the prices are fixed. Once booked through these websites you are contracted to them.

I am very sorry you feel you have been badly treated by our company. We did not intentionally try to “rip you off”, we offer that room type and number of people on our website for $5.00 cheaper than you paid to entice people to book direct.

Thank you for your time in contacting us and trust that the next time you stay with us will be a memorable experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Pros - Excellent service for checking out, a lovely man went to check we hadnt left anything behind (not sure if this is normal process) and we had, so he delivered it to us waiting out the front. Beds were comfy. Self contained cabin has everything you need.

Cons - Dated decor, expensive $175 for cabin for 3.

Other - Couple of kms out of town, so may need bike/car. Was a little bit loud at night but nothing you wouldnt expect at caravan park.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellerNZ101
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed in what we thought was advertised as a modern caravan park. The accommodation in cabin 4 (same as 1 to 4) can only be described as something out of the early seventies. Very old cabin and fittings. Old shower and a stainless sink for a vanity. Very expensive for what you get.
Otherwise the staff are friendly and the park is certainly quite large.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed here for three nights in a cabin, just before bluesfest. Can't fault the park at all, we really loved our trip to Byron. The staff were super friendly at all times and went the extra mile to give us any info we needed, when we needed it. Special mention to the lovely lady who runs the Kiosk cafe - she makes awesome BLT sandwiches and muffins! We will miss her!
The cabin was clean and tidy, completely self contained and had everything we wanted and more.
Facilities on the park were fine and the people staying were friendly and fit. The park was a bit of a walk from Byron, but do-able, but we hired bikes which made it a dream!! Only 5 minute ride from Byron as opposed to a 20 minute walk. But mind out for stray shopping trollies on the path on the way back at night!!

Room Tip: Be prepared for a little walk into town but great value for money!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here during a very wet weekend, 2 nights camping and 1 night in a cabin. The site itself is located just outside Byron but it is within walking distance if you don't mind a walk. The communal Kitchen area is great, particularly if you have the wind and rain we had, just pop down and cook up your food and sit back and enjoy. We needed to stay in a cabin for our last night because the storms were coming in, the staff were really helpful! We had a 2 bed cabin, it was well equipped and comfortably accommodated 6 of us. The amenities are clean and the showers hot, always a plus after a rainy day. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Sue M, Manager at Discovery Parks - Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Byron Bay Tourist Village. I am delighted that you found your accommodation comfortable and that you had a great experience with us. We will always try to go that extra mile for our customers.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Byron Bay.