“A different perspective”

Byron Bay Tour
Ranked #20 of 47 Tours in Byron Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vision Walks provides; small group, walks and wildlife tours, scenic hinterland and cultural tours in the Byron Bay area, at affordable prices. Established 2007. Vision Walks provide tours in the Byron Bay area that help you to connect with the natural environment and explore local life, far from the maddening crowds, whatever your age or abilities. Tours include: Night Vision Walk, Wildlife Tour, Beyond Byron Tour, Hippy Trail Hinterland Tour, Crystal Castle Tour, Rainforest Walk and Byron Bay tour.
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The only way to see Australian wildlife at night easily. Great way to get close to nature without impacting on the wildlife. The bush at night is amazing. A surprise was seeing glow worms. This tour is fun and Wendy is a wealth of knowledge.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Thanks for a great experience - the NVGs were great (just watch out for the puddles!!). Wendy provided a great deal of insight into not only the local fauna, but the local history and even a few celebrity point outs! Creature count for the night was a Koala, Pademelon and a ring tailed possum!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

My parents & I went on the Beyond Byron Tour and absolutely loved it. Being a manager of a local resort and having lived in Byron for many years, my parents have visited many times and even though we had been to most of the places before we had the best day with Wendy. She shares an amazing amount of knowledge and her passion for wildlife is endless. We did the historical walk through Bangalow, saw a goanna at Minyon falls, had a delicious lunch at the Crystal Castle and strolled through their magnificent gardens, drove through Mullumbimby and ended the day at Brunswick Heads. Thanks Wendy for sharing your love of this region with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Needing a couple of hours of nurturing my friend suggested I give Visions Walks a call about their Crystal Castle tour.
Picked up and greeted with a great smile from Wendy, she made sure I was comfortable and took her time driving the scenic windy roads, so I could relax and enjoy my first part of my nurturing afternoon.
Crystal Castle turned out to be just the thing I needed to lift my spirits. A spiritual place to walk at my own pace and breath in the beauty that has been created just for people like me (or that's what it felt like) and the enjoyment of someone serving me cup of tea and the yummiest cake ever. Liss

Reviewed 16 July 2011

We had booked the Mignon Falls walk in May paid for by credit card. 2 Days before we arrived we were informed, that the "car is broken" and the trip was cancelled. We asked for any alternative walks or ideas: not even a reply! It took more than 3 weeks (and three emails) to finally get the money refunded. Very disappointing service.
So when we stayed in Byron Bay we made the walk by ourselves.
First we had more fun and we saved ~$200. The direction and path is easy to find and well indicated. By the way: there was no park-fee to be paid (which of course was part of the packet-price from Eco Tours)
So my recommendation is: save the money and do the walk yourself.
The attraction is 4=very good, Eco Tours is 0=not existing.

1  Thank wizard139
wendiobByronBay, Owner at Vision Walks - Eco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Wizard139, I'm sorry that you experienced poor customer service, this is not the level of service people usually experience with us. But as you said we did give you 2 days notice of the cancellation. You caught us in a period of re-structuring and some admin tasks were not as efficient as they normally are. The old vehicle had broken down, as we are located in a country area it took longer than normal to get the parts. We have now changed vehicles to one better suited for the purpose. As for the park fees, we have to pay park fees to the National Parks and Wildlife Service as a part of the Eco-Parks Pass, this included a annual fee plus a per person fee.

I'm glad you enjoyed your walk, it is a beautiful forest, and Minyon Falls are awesome. We do encourage people who are confident walkers and have their own transport to do the walk themselves. The benefit of going with us is environmental interpretation and education (which is what eco-tourism is about).
Wendy