“Relaxing Abode”

Bluewater on the Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Peaceful and relaxing ...
In the afternoon, I enjoyed sitting on the day bed looking at the view with some wine and cheese while in the evening the outside fire was such a treat.

Belongil Beach is quiet and stunning so I felt refreshed and energized after my weekend at Bluewater.

I'm looking forward to return and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulinefrenchy

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just returned home from Blue Water on the Beach and found it to be the perfect balance of all the creature comforts and a chilled beach life.

You're located a perfect 15 minute stroll along the beach to everything Byron has to offer but feel wonderfully secluded on what feels like your own private stretch of heaven.

Ian and the team are excellent and want nothing more than to make your time with them the best it can be.

We're already planning our next trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

There are very few places in Byron where you can sit on a private grassy lawn overlooking the ocean all the while warming your toes over a fire pit and watching the sunset. Blue Water offers all of this!

Lifesaver is lovely and has everything you could ask for. the property is walking distance to Byron center and just over the road from a couple of great cafes. Belongil Beach is one of the most pristine and quiet of Byron's beaches and you're sitting right on it!

The sunrise views from the king size bed in Lifesaver in the morning were pretty amazing as well. Such a special spot I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

For three years in a row, I have booked with Ian at Bluewater on the Beach.

Let me repeat myself: three years in a row.

I normally never do this - repeat myself.

I do here, at Bluewater on the Beach.

As soon as I arrive, I see a friendly, welcoming face - Bluewater on the Beach owner / manager Ian. Seconds later, I smell the fresh, sea air. Walking meters from our parked car, through our house - yes, house ! - my feet feel the perfectly manicured private lawn. Two or three metres from this - I feel the sand on feet and between my toes, the fresh prevailing winds on my face, and scan the beach, surf and horizon metres beneath me, before descending seventeen steps on the private beach access to Belongil's dog-friendly beach below. Bliss. I think I will be coming here forever.

We stayed again at Beach Belles, and enjoyed the new picnic table at our private beach access vantage point, the driftwood style new livingroom/kitchen vinyl flooring, and huge daybed, with mosquito netting, on the deck.

Sadly, tomorrow will be our last beach day. Happily, we'll also book our fourth holiday next year !

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view room, then book one of the other rooms here. If you want privacy and more...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MR1961
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was our third visit to Bluewater On The Beach (staying at Laila's cottage) and it was, again, perfect in every way. The cottage is very comfortable and fitted out with everything we needed, and Ian lent us two boogie boards and a pile of beach towels, so we were all set for the beach! The property has a lovely garden overlooking the beach, with plenty of room for the kids to kick a ball about, or play frisbee (although we did have a couple of 'the frisbee's in the tree!' incidents!) Belongil Beach is gorgeous - great surf, and really safe for the kids. The restaurants round the corner (Belongil Bistro and Treehouse) are a very short walk and both are excellent. I can't recommend Bluewater On The Beach highly enough. We have already booked our next visit in October and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

After a mix up with a booking agent we turned up to find we had no booking. This was our 30th annv and the shock on our faces must have been noticed by Anthony who greeted us.
To calm things down we went for lunch only to be called by Anthony with an offer of another appartment.
It was perfect.
The customer sevice he gave us was out of this world.
Our stay 10/10
Anthony 11/10
Booking agent 0/10
Thank you. We will be back!
The worst part was leaving.
Robert & pauline

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

It honestly doesn't get any better then Bluewater on the Beach! We have been coming here since our daughter was 3 months and now have two toddlers. The most perfect location and luxury for young families. Ian is extremely accommodating and will do whatever it takes to help ensure you have the perfect experience. Thank you again! Can't wait to come back.

Stayed: December 2013