“Best meal ever.”

Ranked #51 of 200 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Price range: US$3 - US$31
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All day breakfast from 7am to 2pm daily. Dinners on Friday night only in Summer.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ok so I promised my husband I would share my burger with him. He didn't get one bite. It was honestly amazing. Husband loooooved the coffee. You have to go.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We wanted to eat here on Sunday. We had checked their opening hours on the website and had even driven past on Saturday where the sign in window confirmed 7am to 2pm. We arrived 1pm on Sunday but were refused service because the kitchen was closed. There were several diners there and two or three empty tables. When we pointed out the blackboard out the front clearly said "7am-2pm" the waitperson checked with the owner/chef but he decided the kitchen was closed. No apology. We were very disappointed.

5  Thank Cherrie M
Belongilbistro, Owner at Belongil Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Cherrie,

Please forgive us for not serving you after 1pm last Sunday. For nearly a year now we have been making a joint decision on Sundays to close slightly earlier if conditions are poor, as they were on the day in question. Unfortunately on Sundays the debilitating penalty rates incur staff costs of $300 per hour, not to mention the added utilities etc.

Informing customers about opening times isn't as easy as hanging a sign on the door any more. Updating our website is no quick matter and having a clause in there about closing an hour earlier during adverse conditions would be confusing. Despite the increasing use of, and on-line dependence, it's always a good idea to reserve a table in advance to ensure you don't waste a trip. I gather from your reaction that you had a high expectation about dining with us that day which we take as a huge compliment and regret not being able to entertain you. .

Regarding the comment about you being told that 'the chef' had decided we were closing, this was incorrect and we apologise. The custodians of the business determine what is best at any given time and act in it's best interests. On that particular day it was I, the owner, who made that decision.

In light of your complaint we will be introducing a 10% surcharge to cover the added costs of trading on Sundays like the rest of our peers.

Despite us not being able to compensate you with a free meal to make amends we hope that you have gained some alternative satisfaction by posting this negative review. We hope to be able to delight you in future and wish you well.

Regards,
Christian

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Found this little gem on a recent stay over in Byron. I always find breakfast to be the meal I crave for the most but I'm always left feeling disappointed...this is not the case here! on the two occasions I had the "big bistro breakfast" I was very satisfied. Great location, great atmosphere and friendly service. Winner!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff were friendly, the coffee was great and the food was amazing. Can't fault anything about the place.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went to this place with a friend she loves there friders. We had never had one so we went they were so good. It was a little like a potato pancake. We ate it all and what a beautiful place near the beach. We had a great time