“Vegetarian jewel, maybe not a diamond, but at least an opal”
Review of Heart of Byron

Heart of Byron
Ranked #73 of 199 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The best local & organic produce is used when and where ever possible to make our fabulous vegetarian meals. Heart of Byron offers an amazing range of great value Curries, Vegetable Baked Dishes, Hearty Lentil and Vegie Soups, Rice, Bean and Grain Dishes, the freshest salads and a selection of mouth watering drinks, sweets and snacks. ​ All that we prepare and offer contains only the best ingredients including Himalayan Salt. With 84 trace minerals, your body will benefit even long after your meal is complete. ​Heart of Byron only uses oils that are good for you, not the common oils that may leave carcinogenic residue in your body. Best of all Heart of Byron food is prepared and served with LOVE to benefit you and our beautiful community.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I eat here regularly because H&H is unpretentious, clean, and has good vegetarian meals at reasonable prices. We share a large plate heaped with a variety of foods, all freshly cooked and served from trays marked with their content and dietary info (eg. vegan, gluten free, etc). The desserts are delicious too.
After we eat, we grab a couple frozen packs for later in the week for those nights when you really don't feel like cooking at home.
Nothing fancy about H&H , but it is rarely crowded and the staff are super friendly. The only improvement I would suggest is that they tone down the lighting in the outdoor area. It's too bright and too harsh at night.

There are newer reviews for Heart of Byron

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a little gem of a place with delicious vegetarian choices. Love it so much I could eat here everyday! Not expensive, everything is fresh, & the staff even smile! What a fabulous little place - such a nice atmosphere as well. Choose from a medium or large plate & watch the staff pile up what you like from an assortment of curries & salads etc - they don't skimp here! Wish I could bring this place home with me. Loved the coffee & juices as well. One of the best veggie restaurants I've ever been to

Reviewed 25 September 2013

took my other half here to grab some take home curries and he was well impressed until he realised they are veggie - however the gorgeous smells and appetizing food on display convinced him to give it a go - he ended up going there again the next night to get some more food!! which for a committed carnivore is saying something - great value and really tasty - loved loved the samosas and that tamarind sauce!! worth going to plus they have some frozen meals you can take home to satisfy any cravings when they aren't open....

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hi, when I go to Byron which is regularly I try to get to the Heart and Halo. Lovely chef, great food and really cheap. I know when I'm eating same, that its good for me. They also have great freezer packs to take home. Keep up the great work. Sonja from Ballina.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am not a vegetarian and I love my food to include meat, but after reading the reviews we thought we would give the Heart & Halo a try.
At the time it was nearing the end of the evening so the place was empty which did mean the atmosphere was lacking, however, the food was divine! The portion size was large and the value excellent. The flavours were amazing and I really enjoyed every bite. If I had a Heart & Halo where I lived, I'd be dining there every day.
The only negative was that I found the set up a little hard to understand as the dishes were not labelled, but this worked to my advantage as the waitor happily handed me a large dish with a bit of everything! YUM!