“Highly Recommended”

The Cape Beach House
Ranked #3 of 35 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Cape Beach House for a week and we absolutely loved it. We have visited Byron many times before and have stayed at other accommodation but this was hands down our favourite of the places we have stayed. Great location right across the road from beautiful Clarkes Beach, 10 minute walk into town and lovely clean comfortable rooms. Katie, the owner, couldn't have been more welcoming and the amazing homemade muesli, muffins and banana bread for brekkie each morning were definately an added bonus. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of a six week trip around Australia. We had a wonderful time at the beach house and Kate is absolutely fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble. For example, my husband had read the rave reviews about the muffins and Kate went to the effort of making some especially for him. The verdict-the best muffins he has ever tasted.

Aside from the muffins and fabulous reception from Kate, the beach house is a fantastic location, a short walk from the lighthouse, the rooms are extremely comfortable and clean and the house is a wonderful place to relax. If we are ever in Byron Bay again we will certainly be back at the beach house.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the Cape Beach House for the final five days of a four-week holiday to Australia. Details of the property are very consistent with other reviews: This B&B is not luxurious or over the top, but for my needs, was absolutely perfect! I was looking for a clean, relatively quiet end to my travels and the Cape Beach House absolutely delivered!
With only five rooms and a very relaxed vibe, staying here afforded me a nice opportunity to meet some new people without any overcrowding or rowdy guests. The environment is certainly conducive to quite/alone time, but the patio or breakfast bar are great places to meet new friends.
Katie is really the heart and soul of the place and was exceptionally friendly and accommodating – it seemed as though there wasn’t anything she wouldn’t do to make your stay a bit nicer, and breakfast in the morning is right on target. Fresh fruit, yogurt, and homemade muffins and muesli were just right. If you crave something more substantial, the Byron Beach Café is just across the street.
The property is very well maintained and very clean. Location is very convenient as it’s across the street from the Clarke’s Beach and a short walk to the pass or main beach. Downtown is a casual 10-15 minute stroll, and the property is a great launching point for a walk (or jog) up to the lighthouse.
I would not hesitate to stay there again, or refer friends or family and will have nothing but very fond memories of my time there. Thank you Katie for being such a gracious host!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a fantastic time at this little B&B with a friend. We stayed for two nights but would have loved to stay longer.

Katie, the owner, was brilliant. She went out of her way to make our time there perfect. Homemade muesli and muffins are just some of the things on the breakfast menu each morning.

Katie helped us with restaurants, booking surfing lessons and anything else we needed. I have already recommended friends on returning to go to the Cape Beach House.

Thanks for everything Katie and I'm sure I'll be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just needed a short holiday to re-charge after a busy few months and I couldn't have made a better choice. The rooms, the location and the degree of information, local knowledge and service provided by Katie over breakfast was excellent, as was the breakfast itself. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for Katie and Marc. I have no hesitation in recommending this B&B for a pleasant, relaxing and reviving break. As I was holidaying alone the breakfast get together with other guests provided me with a chance to meet up with other people and in my case I had 2 nice dinner evenings with other guests.

Room Tip: I don' imagine there is a difference in room quality, but 3 rooms near the rear of the property...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
cbh2481, Owner at The Cape Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you so much Lynette for your lovely review. We absolutely loved having you with us and are so pleased you had a well deserved break at the Beach House. We hope to see you back again soon! All the best, Katie x

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had a fantastic long weekend at Cape Beach House! Had a very warm welcome, and Katie was so kind to tell us all the great spots and restaurants we could visit. We were just so lucky! The stay was great and the atmosphere of Cape Beach House is very special. The rooms and all facilities are very nicely decorated with good taste for style. Breakfast was great, and a good opportunity to meet with other visitors, whereas you can also have your own privacy.
Katie, thanks! we definitely will come back when visiting Byron Bay

Toine & Lidy Damen - The Netherlands

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Toine and Lidy for your wonderful review. We were the lucky ones, you choosing the Beach House for your stay in Byron Bay! It was a real pleasure meeting you both and now that you know where we are we look forward to having you back again soon! All the best, Katie x

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We only got to enjoy this place for one night but really enjoyed our time their.
Our room smelled beautifully of local lillies, and the bed was super comfy. Basically across the road from the beach, and a 10m stroll to the town, it's perfectly positioned.

• Stayed: August 2013
cbh2481, Owner at The Cape Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. It was great having you both at the Beach House for the night and I really enjoyed chatting with you at brekky. We hope you will visit us again when you are next over, it will just need to be a little longer! All the best, Katie