“Super guest house”
Review of Aabi's at Byron

Aabi's at Byron
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Lovely warm welcome. super comfy room and outdoor space as well as two lovely equiped kitchens and lounge for all to use. Good wifi connection and free! Great quiet location close to town and safe area as a solo travelling female. I would say its one of the best places in town.

Room Tip: All nice rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during the Byron Bay Writers' Festival. The staff (particularly Lani) are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The property is conveniently located, everything is immaculately clean and the design is modern and warm. My gorgeous room was upstairs, overlooking the pool and I felt safe and comfortable (great bed) and liked having access to a well-equipped kitchen area downstairs where I could prepare a quick meal or have breakfast before heading out for the day - just like home.A quick walk into town, close to everything, I will definitely be coming back. I haven't rated the pool or the fitness centre as I didn't use them but the pool looked tempting - next time! Didn't want to leave but all good things must come to an end.

Room Tip: I was lucky to have a beautiful room upstaris overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed two night in an upstairs room. We were made to feel very welcome and the place was amazing and very reasonably priced!! Clean, modern and located in a quiet street! Would definitely stay again and have recommended the place to all my friends!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This place is a design inspiration; classy and beautifully presented. One would think it was catering to the more sophisticated end of the market - but not quite. Having travelled around the world many times and visited most countries, I've never been in a place that will not trust you with a remote control for the air-con. Here we are - a rainy winter's day and the recent model Daikin air-con inverter's sophisticated controls are not accessible to us mere mortals.

On the basis that we are, should be, or could be - a bit simple, we have a button on the wall that runs the air-con at some God-ordained temperature for two hours then dies - and no, you can't turn it off. So when the room gets too hot, no problem at all just turn the fan on (speeds not clear on the control, but hey) and open the windows. So, somewhat obviously, temperature management thru the night - unless you're an inveterate insomniac - isn't going to be part of your sleep repertoire! But don't worry there is a fan and window louvres, so by channeling a little Archimedes with a smidge of Pythagorus it is not too hard to adjust the fan, louvres and blankets to arrive at something that vaguely approximates a liveable temperature ... for an hour or so.

But to be fair, room temperature is only a part of the lived experience at this lovely place - just come at the times of year when the ambient temperature is around 23 degrees.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geobw
Reviewed 18 June 2013

After reading all the glowing reviews my cousin and I decided to stay here for two nights for her birthday and we weren't disappointed- we wished we could have stayed longer! The owners and staff went over and beyond helpful- giving us recommendations on pubs, restaurants, clubs, buses, taxis, directions and things to do - yes, we asked a lot of questions, and they didn't lose patience once- they even helped me do my laundry! The accommodation itself was fantastic- the pool area and spa were beautiful and peaceful to relax in- despite Aabi's being conveniently just round the corner from the main street, and the room itself was lovely, comfortable and modern. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Children's mother day gift was a weekend stay at Aabi's which was most enjoyable. Our room was downstairs with easy access to the pool area. We enjoyed the spa in the pool area at night and also prepared our breakfasts in the kitchen inside the pool area. Parking is inside the grounds of Aabi's. People in reception were very friendly and helpful. Aabi's has a lovely ambience and although we were out and about for most of the weekend, the room felt very welcoming each time we returned. Tea making facilities are available in the room as well as the pool area and inside the reception area (latter locked at night). Aabi's is an easy walk into town and the beach and there are many delightful restaurants very nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happy_vegemite_too
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I can't tell you how blessed I was with this little find. I am single traveller and wanted a little treat and to feel safe. This was that and so much more. I had come from a dodgy hotel stay in Lismore and Ro and Owen were amazing and helped me wash all my things and get settled. I honestly didn't want to leave. They have everything you need, indoor and outdoor spaces that you can cook your own food and a hop skip, jump from centre of town but still quiet. So so thankful to them both. The rooms and view over the pool a piece of paradise. Loved it.

• Stayed: June 2013