“Great hostel”

Backpackers Holiday Village
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great hostel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A good hostel can hire bikes in the centre easy to get to greyhound or oz experience buses! Lots of activities todo including nimbin tour! Opposite cheeky monkeys plenty todo! Rooms were alright bit cramped but cheap enough good area to chat pool aswell most people end up here after a night out!

Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Quepos, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our stay here was pretty great. We got picked up from the Greyhound bus terminal by an entourage of three Canadians. Being from Canada ourselves of course we loved the warm welcome! They took us on a quick tour and around before dropping us off and gave us some great tips to the area. Now for the hostel itself here are the Pros and cons:

Pros:
-Beer Pong every night (If you're not going out, don't expect to sleep till after 10:30)
-toilets and showers clean with plenty of each
-Private rooms are spacious with flatscreen t.v and foxtel
-Free surfboards, bodyboards, and bikes and bball court in courtyard
-Great location and very easy to walk everywhere

Cons:
-Comunal area is outdoors so can be quite chilly in winter
-Wifi although free is ONLY available in the lobby and only during office hours
-Deposit needed for everything even dishes and cutlery and you must keep these in your room or they may be stolen by other guests (pretty inconvenient but at same time does keep things clean)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
west sussex
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here it was easily the best hostel I stayed in while doing the east coast. I booked it all through a travel operator so didn't have a choice and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. It was clean and staff were friendly plus free wifi and bike rentals. I was alone and almost at the end of my trip and loved how chilled out it was with loads of hostel BBQ's and nights out. Best location, l would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I decided to stay at Holiday Village after it was strongly recommended by friends; I'm so glad they did.

This has been one of, if not my favorite place to stay in over 6 months of travelling. The rooms, kitchen, and bathrooms are clean making it a very pleasant place to stay. The owners and staff are friendly, going out of their way to help you and offer advice when requested.

But I'd have to say that my favorite thing about the hostel is the atmosphere. In the centre of the communal area are a series of benches and tables where you'll always find someone eating a meal or having a few drinks. It makes it so easy to make new friends and join in on someone else's plans if you're at a loose end of what to do that night. But at the same time, the hostel is considerate of those that are looking for an early night, so the communal area closes at 10:30. But as luck would have it, the main bar and club is directly across the road, so you haven't got to go far to carry on partying!

So just like the friends who told me about Holiday Village in the first place, I can't recommend it enough. It's great value, clean, perfectly located and you get free board and bike hire. When I go back to Byron, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here during our East Coast road trip and overall the best we can say is that it did it's job. The staff were friendly and helpful; it was cheap (for the area anyway); and above all they had availability!

The first night was fine as we had a friendly backpacker in our apartment but the second night was a nightmare. A gaggle of lads from Brisbane descended upon us and kept us up all night with their drinking and music! But I guess this is a backpackers...

Location good, rooms are ok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Was planning to stay here for 5 days and ended up staying 8! I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was always kept clean. The beds aren't the comfiest but won't stop you sleeping. It's a really social hostel and is laid out in a way which encourages interaction between the guests. All of the staff were very friendly and would strive to help you if needed. The kitchen and washrooms were always kept clean and there was never a queue for either. The hostel also has free surf and bodyboard rental and free internet (though this is only available in the reception area). I really enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Byron bay was my favourite place in the whole of Australia (so far)
Holiday village had a great social vibe and I met some really great people here.
The rooms were pretty basic, they are placed in a circle pretty much around the pool and main seating area. Free surfboards.
Good location on the main road down to the beach and across the road from the main bar (cheeky monkeys?)
Wifi only in the reception area which means lots of people sitting in reception on their phones.
Loved it here and didn't want to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo