“Always a pleasure...”

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Byron Bay
Melbourne
“Always a pleasure...”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Byron Bay really is one of my most favourite holiday destinations, and as far as accommodation goes, you cannot go past The Beach Hotel. As a single girl, I like to be in close proximity to the action - the pub, the shops, the restaurants - which this hotel is. However I also need my time out, and with a stunning private pool area and the fact you are just a stones throw from the beach, I can get just that. As this most recent trip was my fourth stay at The Beach Hotel, it was no surprise that the wonderful staff greeted me by name and once again made my few days there as pleasant as they were. My room was clean and spacious, with a lovely balcony where I could sit and enjoy the view with my gin and tonic at sundown! What more could you want. I can't wait to go back again before the end of the year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LansieB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My partner and I recently stayed at the Beach hotel and had an awesome weekend. Staff were great, rooms were big and clean and we loved the fact that we did not have to go far for great food, and we had so much fun at the pub with the live music. We will Definatly head back to Byron Bay and stay at The Beach Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bel101
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

A fantastic Hotel that my husband and 2 kids stay at all the time. The Beach Hotel is in the best location in Byron directly opposite the beach and seriously close to all the eating and shopping requirements you could need on your trip.
As our kids are still little this is the most convenient place to stay at Byron, the kids love the pool and getting to the beach is done with ease.
The rooms are a little older but they are really spacious, bright, airy and have everything you could need.
In the 4 or so times we have been the staff have always been accommodating and friendly and we can't wait to get back there in October.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Assemble96
melbourne
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We recently stayed at the beach hotel for a long weekend getaway. From the moment we walked through to the reception we knew we had chosen the right place. After being greeted by the very friendly reception staff we were shown to our rooms which were just amazing. Not only were they immaculately clean, as all hotel rooms should be, but they actually had a bit of style and character to them and although we were there to get away from home... we felt right at home. The staff were so helpful with all our enquiries and gave us some awesome insights into entertainment in the area. I've never been in a place where you feel like you are right in amongst the action while at the same time being able to escape the chaos of such a bustling area. Can't wait to get back and we promised the staff that we would be making it an annual pilgrimage. A big thank you especially to Nicky, who was so lovely we wanted to take her home to be part of our own family.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rustysam9
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Having stayed at the Beach Hotel many times over the years, felt it time to pop over and write a review.
The Beach Hotel is in a fantastic location, the action is right outside your door if you wish. Lots of great restaurants nearby plus the fabulous 'hotel' right next door.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly in reception. Obviously experience counts, as the long serving staff have always gone the extra mile for any request I may have had, not to mention always presenting me with a friendly smile and recognising me from my previous visits. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for them and I have found them to be very professional in their dealings with myself and others.
The rooms are nicely fitted out and the upstairs ones have lovely views to the beach or pool.
Would definately stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beachtropic
Malibu, California
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Wonderful location with a quick walk to everything with a great great beach outside your door. The staff is super friendly and know the area and activities very well. We extended our stay we were having such a great time. Thanks for making our vacation so memorable!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Hotel: Priced at 4 Star, but basically it's a 2 star Pub at best! Rooms are basic, smallish and ridiculously priced at $300 a night. Very loud, so didn't get a good nights sleep either.

Staff/Management: Honestly some of the rudest people we have ever encountered in our travels. Unhelpful and extremely unprofessional. Obviously we are not the first people to have noticed- a few of the below reviews are not very flattering either!

In summary: Take this as a warning and stay elsewhere- bad service, forgettable rooms and for a little bit more money, you could stay at the Byron at Byron ( which by the way, is DIVINE!)

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Popcornpaws
EvHBB, Manager at Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Reader,
Unfortunately I could not come to an understanding with this particular couple regarding their booking. This couple was very unhappy that I would not return their deposit when they cancelled their booking on the Saturday morning for that same night. Our cancellation policy is 48 hours and whilst I understand it is frustrating for the guest to have paid the deposit and be unable to redeem it, we have only 25 rooms and cannot absorb cancellations at the last minute. We had emailed our policy to them previously so they were fully aware of our cancellation policy.
It is unfortunate that the couple decided to write about the rooms because they never actually stayed with us and it simply isn't true. Our rooms are very spacious and we have double glazed windows and heavy curtains so noise is minimal, if at all.
We pride ourselves on our personal customer service at the Beach Hotel Resort and 99% of our customers are happy, return guests.
Kindly, Elke van Haandel