“Really pleased we chose to stay here.”
Review of Beach Hotel

Beach Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We were in Bryon for a friends wedding, I had been to Byron before but was backpacking so had only been to the hotel bar. I was really pleased we chose this hotel, the location is absolutely the best you can get. You are beachfront and right in the centre of Byron Bay. This hotel has the hub of Byron's pub connected to it which spills out over the beachfront and each night there is something going - different live acts so this is not a spa/chilled out place to stay. That said, the pub wasn't hugely loud and we were in a room, as near to it as you could get. The staff are all very friendly and the rooms are clean, a lot with nice sea front views. The decor is a little dated but we weren't there for that. Byron's an awesome place to be and you won't spend a lot of time in the room. The hotel pool is nice and quiet should you not want to go to the beach which is opposite. The breakfasts here are so lovely with a great variety of continental treats and fruits in a chilled out setting across from the beach. All in all we had a great stay, this hotel really is the essence of Byron.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2010

Love Byron Bay......to me it is still a 'must' for everyone to visit. I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel however my expectations were somewhat overrated. The staff were friendly enough and the service was good. The rooms are dated and quite dark as others have noted. The jacuzzi and pool were ok except for the very loud woman on the phone for half of the morning while her young daughter in the pool screamed for attention or the next day when the language being used by three of the guests was enough to make your hair stand on end......and I am not a prude in any sense of the word.......yes, I understand that the hotel cannot help who stays here.......perhaps it was just a bad weekend to stay. The new Italian restaurant is FANTASTIC......service and food were excellent and of course the hotel is the same as always - good vibe most nights although the Sunday afternoon band was hitting rock bottom :( Would I stay here again - unfortunately NO. Oh and two friends cannot stay in one room ...... the sofa bed was appalling.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We followed a 'must go' recommendation to visit Byron Bay during our East coast road trip from Falls Creek (VC) to Noosa (QLD). I have to say unless you're into 'grungy surfer communes' I would give it a miss! Having said this, the Hotel, accept for the rooms appearing a little dated was very nice and I would happily recommend it. It is in a prime location both for access to the beach which is pretty much seafront and for the town which is right there. We had one of the rooms with a separate bedroom split over two floors, this came with a sea view allthough it would be fair to say that this was mostly obscured by trees and foliage. As I said the room was very nice, plush and comfortable although the decor and style now appears dated, but I wouldn't hold this critisism against it. Secure underground parking, freindly efficient staff and complimentary breakfast too!.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I love the beachie! It's a great place to stay when your tired.

Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank fighella
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Never stayed at the Beach Hotel? You are missing out!! When my partner said he had booked the Beach Hotel, I couldn't quite recall which one he was talkiing about, I thought he just meant the pub!! When we got here I was extrememy pleasantly suprised to discover the amazing oasis that yes is next door to the pub but is no way effected it, neither by noise or people. We stayed in an ocean room with a balcony which had slight ocean view, enough to give us a good taste of where were really were. We at at the restaurant Pacific Dining room, next door for our anniversary. WOW!! Sooo delicious, such simple dishes with amazing flavours!! So fresh too! (Can you tell I love food?) The ladies on the reception desk were so lovely and helpful and made the stay even more enjoyable! All in all, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, in fact I think we're heading back in October!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I recently visited Byron Bay with a couple of girlfriends, although I had previously gone for less well known places. We stayed in a loft room here, which was perfect for the three of us - a huge spacious room with a large balcony and views of the bay (we even saw dolphins!). We made good use of the room service from what we found to be probably the best restaurant in town, Pacific Dining Room, my favourites being the Italiano sour cocktail and a mouthwatering salt cod dish that I couldn't get enough of. Yes, we did actually leave the room long enough to have an evening jaunt in the heated spa, amongst shopping and lying on the beach across the road. Fantastic weekend, I will be back again in a flash.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2009

we've just spent 3 nights at this hotel. We had a garden room which at $195 (Approx £95) we though to be good value, this included a continental breakfast. the room was very large and well decorated and furnished and opened onto the garden with the pool a few feet further on. Byron has got to be one of our favourite places in Oz and this hotel is the hub of eveything going on. we were lucky enough to be there during Busking over Byron week and had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple