All reviewsgames roomtennis courtsminute walkwelcome packbedroom apartmenttallows beachtop floorthe kitchenoutdoor bbqstayed for nightshot tubwashing machine and dryerlarge balconybbq facilitiesfree wifipool areatown centre
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Just returned from a weekend in Byron staying at the The Oasis and I have never felt so relaxed. From the moment we checked in and were greeted with such lovely reception staff, I knew we were going to have a great weekend away. The staff were so helpful, directing us to our treehouse, the sandpiper, as the road up to the treehouse is very narrow. Once we walked up the stairs and inside we were immediately impressed. The view from the balcony was amazing. Within 5 minutes my partner was in the Jacuzzi with a beer in his hand relaxing. We were quite close to the Kookaburra Treehouse, but there was a shade cloth up so once you were in the jacuzzi, they couldn't see us. There was two bedrooms, 2 singles and a King bed. I personally didn't find the bed overly comfortable but I am quite fussy with beds. The Treehouse came with everything we needed, we had a few problems getting the lights in the kitchen to work, think they may have been blown. And there is a good reason they leave bug spray in the house for you, lots of bugs like to fly in!!
Given you are up in the treetops, it can get quite windy and chilly at times. And because it is so quite around you, you can hear if the other people in the other treehouses are making too much noise.
One thing I loved about the Sandpiper Treehouse was the inbuilt stereo throughout the place.
Overall great stay and wouldnt hesitate to stay again. Was only a 5 minute drive to Byron and maybe 25-30 minute drive.

Room Tip: There isnt much room to park more than one car, so if you are taking 2 cars, you might have to park your car away from the treehouse in a parking spot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PamelaF86
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Where do I start? From the moment we parked the car, our quartet were squealing with delight. Our very own, grownup treehouse! We stayed at the Lorikeet treehouse and enjoyed every moment. It's the perfect place to relax, or celebrate, or both!

I usually make it a habit to launch into a review by commenting on the physical accommodation but the staff deserve the first mention here.

THE STAFF
*Could not have been more accommodating
*Friendly, helpful, charming, warm, and just all 'round lovely people
*When we checked in, my friend and I were treated to a ride in the buggy to our treehouse - not because it's an exhaustive walk unencumbered but because one of my friends and I had caught the bus to Byron and decided to stop at Woolies and the bottle shop on our way to the Oasis, so, our lives were made much easier by the lift ;)
*I honestly cannot praise the owners/managers/employees enough - such lovely, lovely people

THE HOUSE - INSIDE
*Clean and comfortable
*Lovely view from the inside
*Had lovely homely touches like a games table (chess, checkers, cards, etc) in the upstairs living area
*Included washing detergent!! The number of places of stayed elsewhere that didn't, not huge in the grand scheme of things but it was a nice touch - who thinks of taking detergent for a two night stay?
*Beds were COMFORTABLE (we'll be calling to ask where you got your pillows from!!), so were the couches
*The bathrooms were modern and clean
*WI-FI was included, a plus for those worried about reception their phones
*EVERYTHING WORKED - doesn't it annoy you when you stay somewhere and something is broken? No problems here!!

THE HOUSE - OUTSIDE
*The spa was spectacular! We spent hours in there on Friday night (heated spa in winter = heaven!) and it was bliss looking up at the starry sky as we chatted and giggled the night away
*Lots of areas to sit and enjoy the environment - the huge balcony facing the ocean plus two smaller areas at the rear of the house

THE FACILITIES
*I was disappointed that I didn't have time to enjoy the FREE tennis court, games room (pool table, table tennis, etc) but I did check them out and will be using them upon my return (which will be in the next six months!)

THE LOCATION
*The Oasis is less than a 5 minute drive from the main drag of Byron
*Being away from the main drag was very appealing - the ideal place to take a breath and be far from any hustle and bustle the weary traveller may be hoping to escape from, but not too far away that you're isolated from civilisation
*Such a peaceful setting in the middle of natural bushland bordering the Arakwal National Park with Tallow Beach 400m away

WOULD I COME BACK?
YES! YES! YES! All four of us were talking about our return trip on our first night. The mothers in the group can't wait to take their family back as there's plenty for everyone to do in the safe, happy, relaxed, family-friendly retreat. The free WI-FI means that those needing to do a bit of business whilst on their holiday/break can. Couples have privacy. Friends have space. Family have a holiday home away from home. Those without family, however, i.e., couples or friends on a break, won't be right on top of children squealing/screaming with delight because there's lots of room for everyone.

Ideal for families, friends, or couples. If you're looking for somewhere to get away for a bit, I don't see how you could unhappy in one of the Oasis treehouses. Friendly, clean, comfortable, modern, and close to nature...really, what more could you want?

Thank you for making our girls' weekend and my birthday so memorable :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed in one of the 4-bedroom houses. We had 2 families, total of 8 people, staying there and this was just perfect for us! Very spacious, relaxing, and bright. the entire east wall of the up stairs was windows so we had a 180 degree view of the ocean! The only thing is that it was difficult to access the tennis court and pool because you needed a key to not only get in, but also to get out, which was a big hindrance with 8 people running around doing different things. Also, it was almost impossible to find in the dark. I cannot count how many times we drove past and could not find the entrance lane. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank eelyak19
Reviewed 7 May 2012

After being a little apprehensive due to some of the reviews posted here we were pleasantly surprised to find our apartment (not a treehouse) clean, spacious and very comfortable.

The staff were welcoming and friendly and we chatted to them about the reviews here. They mentioned that some apartments are not newly renovated and these have let the place down - we were lucky but I would recommend checking that there is a renovated apartment available when you book.

On the few days it was raining we had trouble getting our daughter out of the kids play room as there was plenty to do for a two and a half year old in there. Once she'd had a morning in there she requested the play room every day...

We stayed in early April and the weather was a little cold - the pool is not heated so were not able to swim in it (my daughter will not go anywhere near a cold pool).

We had a car and this is necessary if you want to spend time in town.

We had a lovely stay and would recommend it - especially considering how expensive the in town places are.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank annewiggs
ByronOasis, Front Office Manager at The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to out write us a review. It’s lovely to get such positive feedback and we are proud of the work we do here. We are pleased to say that this week renovations have begun on 2 of the non-renovated units so in a month or so we will have two beautiful newly renovated apartments.

In regards to the pool, our large pool is definitely heated. We also take steps to ensure we keep the temperature much warmer than it would be if it were not heated like covering it each night to try keep it from dropping in degrees in the cold of the night. We also have a kiddies pool but unfortunately this pool is non-heated.

So thank you again and we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us here at the Oasis Apartments and Treetop Houses.

Regards
Oasis Management.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had a fantastic, relaxing 3 night stay at the Oasis Resort in one of the 2 bedroom units. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a modern kitchen and good appliances. There were lovely living spaces both within the unit and on the balcony. The pool is fantastic - a good size, warm and beautifully clean and well kept. The location is quiet and a short drive into town. We would happily recommend it to others and are keen to return for a longer visit.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family