My partner and I booked a treetop house for a long weekend in March for our anniversary. We stayed in the Sandpiper, which was charming, but a little dated - creaky stairs, peeling wood, leaking pipes. Nothing too bad though. We did notice that the house seemed to sway in the wind, which was a little worrying!
We absolutely loved sitting in the spa at night, looking at the stars. However, we would have loved it even more if you could change the temperature of the spa - it's locked on 37 degrees. It would have been nice to set it to cool so we could lounge in it on hot days.
A couple of things we found a bit annoying: the hotel management says they have Austar, but they use this term very loosely. They actually only have about 10 channels - sky news, nick for kids and some sports channels - and even then they didn't all work. It bucketed down one day we were there and we would've appreciated more channels. Also, it wasn't easy to work out how to get on to Austar, and there were no instructions provided. We had to call the manager to come to the house and work it out for us. Not a big deal, because you don't go on holidays to watch TV, but I think advertising that the place has Austar it is generous. We ended up just renting movies from one of the local video stores - yes they still exist in Byron!
Another thing that was slightly annoying is that they didn't provide us with the WiFi password straight away, we had to go up to the office and ask for it. I would've thought they'd just give it to you when you check in.
We had lots of ants coming through the kitchen and living area, even though we didn't leave any food out. They do provide some insect spray, but it was a bit annoying to have to wake up and spend a few minutes killing ants each morning.
The two bedrooms had air conditioning, but even with them both on full blast, it wasn't enough to cool the house down. The washing machine was difficult to operate, I had to turn it on and off at the plug a few times to get it to work.
The pool is nice and big, but definitely needs a refurbishment. The change room door jammed while I was in it and it took me a good 5 minutes of banging and leaning on it to get myself out of there! I'd hate to think how someone with claustrophobia would cope if they got stuck!
We really liked that the complex was away from the noise of central Byron, though it's not far at all, an easy walk or quick drive. We also loved that it was close to Tallow Beach, which is nowhere near as crowded as the other beaches, though you have to be careful because there are dangerous rips and it isn't patrolled. The management were very nice and helpful when we asked them about the Austar and WiFi.
Despite a few hiccoughs, we enjoyed our stay here, but I think it's a tad overpriced considering it's a bit dated and the facilities aren't quite up to scratch (though Byron generally is a bit overpriced!). To be fair, it was just 2 of us in the house, but they're large enough to share between a group, so if you split it 3 or 4 ways then it would be good value. I would come here again in a group or with another couple, but I'm not sure about just the 2 of us, unless they updated the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for families, friends and couples, Oasis Byron Bay accommodation offers fully self-contained, relaxed, family friendly apartments and treetop houses in a tranquil setting bordering the Arakwal National Park in beautiful Byron Bay. Magnificent Tallow Beach is just a 400 metre walk through the National Park while the bustling heart of Byron Bay, where you will find cafes, restaurants and boutique shops, is only a 5 minute drive away.Our wide range of accommodation choices includes Self Contained Holiday Apartments, Treetop Houses, Ibis Beach House and VUE Beach Houses. Set in lush tropical gardens you will enjoy the comfort and uniqueness of The Oasis and our resort style facilities which include; a heated pool, spa, sauna, floodlit tennis court, poolside BBQs, well equipped gym, games room and children's facilities.Enjoy the best of both worlds at The Oasis Byron Bay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses Hotel Byron Bay
- The Oasis Resort And Treetop Houses