Stay here if you can. We walked into our apartment and were very happy we'd come here. They're very comfortable units in a fantastic location. Great views of the forest and the sound of Tallow Beach nearby, a 5 minute walk through woodland. The sea is a bit too choppy for swimming, especially for kids. The surf is constant and muscular. But it's a beautiful and quiet beach.
Staff friendly and helpful. Large apartment, tastefully decorated and furnished, very well equipped. Large balcony. We had a washing machine and dryer (in fact clothes dried quickly on the balcony on the rack provided). Kitchen had everything we could want. Even a picnic basket and picnic plates etc. Facilities are excellent - tennis court, pool, spa, surprisingly well equipped gym, games room, two separate and very nice BBQ areas. The whole place has been really well thought out and is run very well.
Some of the units seem to be owned by people living there, the rest are rented out. The treetop houses look amazing.
It's a bit of a distance from the town centre - maybe 45 min walk - but an easy cycle or taxi trip (taxis came quickly when called and were inexpensive). And the distance means you're away from the noise of Byron, which is great if you're not up for a wild time. In fact there's an expectation that people will keep the noise down here, which is fine. It's peaceful without being monastic.
Very good value for money. We got a discount by booking direct by phone. Probably a lot more expensive and booked solid during school holidays but we came a week later and booked a few hours before we arrived. Had to pay a deposit on the phone but that was ok: I can't imagine anyone arriving and not wanting to stay.
I imagine this is a great place to bring kids.
Wifi is weak and you need to go onto the balcony for it, but it's fine for emails and surfing the net. Bikes are available but you have to pay for them. They could do with a tap to wash sand off your feet when you get back from the beach. And it would be nice if they threw in some beach towels to take to the pool/beach (I think you can get them from the office). But all this is small beer compared to the sheer pleasure we got from staying here. We loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for families, friends and couples, Oasis Byron Bay accommodation offers fully self-contained, relaxed, family friendly apartments and treetop houses in a tranquil setting bordering the Arakwal National Park in beautiful Byron Bay. Magnificent Tallow Beach is just a 400 metre walk through the National Park while the bustling heart of Byron Bay, where you will find cafes, restaurants and boutique shops, is only a 5 minute drive away.Our wide range of accommodation choices includes Self Contained Holiday Apartments, Treetop Houses, Ibis Beach House and VUE Beach Houses. Set in lush tropical gardens you will enjoy the comfort and uniqueness of The Oasis and our resort style facilities which include; a heated pool, spa, sauna, floodlit tennis court, poolside BBQs, well equipped gym, games room and children's facilities.Enjoy the best of both worlds at The Oasis Byron Bay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses Hotel Byron Bay
- The Oasis Resort And Treetop Houses