“You deserve this experience at least once. Rae's will make any holiday seem twice as long. Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rae's on Wategos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Byron Bay
Rae's on Wategos
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Byron Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

There is something special about staying in a small yet luxurious boutique hotel with a front lawn that flows directly onto the beach. If you want to hide Rae’s is the place to go. If you want quality and style Rae’s would be one of the best hotels in Australia to experience a private getaway and yet you give up nothing in the way of luxury, space and style. When you are close to Byron Bay, please don’t miss this hotel.
A big thanks to Lizzie. She delivers your breakfast every morning her smiling face and easy nature. A nice way to start the day in this beautiful place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KenDesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stunning hotel & the food divine. . The manager Marion was lovely. Perfect location right on the beach. We stayed in the Penthouse, so much space & eclectic furnishings from all around the world. Beautiful fresh breakfasts on the verandah every morning & the restaurant was to die for.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank BelindaBrooksby
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

After dinning at the wonderful Fish Cafe many times, we decided to stay at Rae's for our wedding anniversary in the Penthouse Suite Mirabella which was absolutely stunning. We felt like we were cocooned in luxury and beauty. I even managed to get my husband to join me in the spa for the best massage we have ever had. Highly recommended for a special occasion. Love it.

Room Tip: Mirabella Penthouse is stunning!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel Q
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had both phone and email confirmation of my booking for my honeymoon only to receive a call from the manager a week before travel to advise that the two different people I spoke to who confirmed my booking and took my deposit were only new and made a mistake.... I found this extremely frustrating and very rude considering that one of the two people who confirmed my booking worked as the reservations manager....
Very disappointing and a big let down considering all the travel arrangments (flights & hire car) had already been paid for and was left with no accomodation...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank islandhopperau
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Never in my life have I ever felt so swindled and I have had my fair share of disappointments. This mob will charge you more money per night than a suite at the peninsula in Hong Kong will set you back and there hasn't been a significant refurbishment for over 15 years.
*No one to greet you at check-in
*no one to carry your bags up the steps
*dark & dingy room
*uncomforatble mattress
*a pint-sized balcony with leg room (comparable to that you would find in an economy class seat of a 747).
To be fair, you can see how long ago this would have had a certain charm at its peak. It is attractive from the exterior, the furnsihings you can tell would have been high end in their day & there would have been limited other options in this part of Byron - but the presentation is absolutely inexcusable and totally unpalatable for people paying the ridiculous rates they charge.
I look forward to never setting foot in this 'clip joint' again.

Room Tip: I guess if you were held at 'gun-point' you would have to go with a penthouse but at these r...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank gunsy
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

ok so byron bay is the cheapest of places, so although the price tag was high, we were not getting too carried away. unfortunately the place was even less than the low expectations we had set for it, as far as value for money goes. if it wasn't for the truly great food and well matched wine, we would have skipped this place in a hearbeat. but due to the popularity of byron bay we had to book this place early just to guarntee ourselves a room for the night, but overall we were left dissapointed. it might have been one of the best in its day but it needs to be revamped to bring it up to date.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jet_set_girl_sydney
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at Rae's recently. Is been meaning to 'experience' the Rae's experience that friends and colleagues had shared with me over the years and I finally got around to doing it. I've never warned to staff like I have at Rae's, they're all extremely passionate about making your experience at Rae's a positive one and there is no stone left unturned. The restaurant is affordable and the massage and facial is the absolute best I've ever experienced. The Spa staff are trained by Marionne (who is world renowned for her facials) and aside from being a spa goddess she exudes wholesome goodness, a rare find these days. I loved my experience so much my daughter and I went back a couple of weeks later. And, I intend making it a regular pit stop. I love Rae's.

• Stayed September 2012