“Idyllic, calming and refreshing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Byron Bay
Byron Women's Retreat
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I am so grateful we found such an amazing place. It was so beautiful and peaceful. My friend and I spent a long weekend here and it was just what we needed to relax and unwind.

I really enjoyed Carla's yoga classes and her massages were amazing. She goes above and beyond to ensure you have everything you need and makes you feel really welcome here.

It's such a beautiful spot, so close to the beach and the best bakery ever. I am really going to miss those delicious almond croissants.

We will definitely be booking to come back again here. It's great!

Sarah

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SarahStreet250

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a lovely spot at the southern end of Tallows Beach, about 20 minutes bike ride (or a bit over an hour walking along the beach) from Byron Bay town. It's a cosy and tranquil house, with a great cafe/bakery and supermarket close by for getting supplies for your meals. There's no need to even wear shoes to go down the street and over the dunes onto the endless gorgeous beach.

Carla offers simply amazing massage, lovely restorative yoga, and thoughtful care in a calm and pleasant home (there are also facials and other treatments available). You stay in the back part of the house, and the treatment rooms are in the front. There's a shared kitchen and bathroom, and you can use the laundry if you want to. Carla also has bikes, books, and a lot of local knowledge that she kindly shares.

I hadn't really understood what the 'retreat' meant when I booked, but Carla was fantastic about sorting out the misunderstanding. For me, the massage/yoga and the location were the most important things - I wanted to give some attention to an injured back and spend a lot of time contemplating waves and sky - so I should have booked just accommodation and massage/yoga sessions. But if you are more interested in the 'healing' side of things, do go for the full retreat.

Carla is a deeply empathetic and thoughtful person, as well as an extremely skilled massage therapist. If you have issues you want to work through or need assistance to identify and respond to your own needs or to changes and challenges in your life, Byron Women's Retreat is ideal. It is all about pampering in the sense of loving care, rather than of luxury. It offers simple shared accommodation and self-catering in a great location, providing a context for a supported personal journey. If that's what you're after, you'll love it.

Room Tip: There are only two bedrooms in the house - both furnished with comfortable beds, lovely linen and pi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

After a week sociallizing and travelling all over the place, I really felt like having some quiet time in a beautiful zanedoo. From the moment I found Byron Women's Retreat everything was in synergy! Carla's warm welcome, the serene atmosphere of the house and my room, the gorgeous beach close, some small shops close, the village at 20 mins biking where there is always enough to do (like a painint workshop, organic market, shops, etc), and as a bonus the healing hands of Carla. It was amazing. I recommend it to anyone who wants some 'me'-time. Also good to go with a friend to relax, catch up and put the world to rights.

Room Tip: The room at the gardenside is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying with Carla for a few short days in her tranquil home. If you are looking to release, relax and rest in a beautiful location then this is the place for you. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Carla I, Owner at Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Byron Women's Retreat and hope to see you, when you visit Australia again later in the year.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

All of the reviews on here are spot on- location for beach/food, facilities, massages, facials, hospitality...all as advertised on their website. I did the Rejoice package and would highly recommend it. I got what I needed from my time there, plus a whole heap of support I didn't even realise I required.
Every session is catered to you, whether you just want some pampering and timeout, or up for some serious mind/body/soul healing.

Room Tip: Both rooms have good storage so wasn't a problem being in the smaller queen size room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Carla I, Owner at Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write another very helpful review for women to read. I am so happy to hear all your needs were met and more! I look forward to hearing how everything works out for you and seeing you again in the not too far future.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have just spent a magical week at Byron Womens Retreat. It is situated 2 mins walk from the beach. half way along Tallow Beach...in fact you can hear the ocean from the retreat. It is a safe haven for women to go and recharge your batteries . Carla the owner is beautiful...her energy is amazing. Attached to the retreat is her Day Spa so I would walk from my room into the massage room! Nothing was too much trouble , I would mention something and the next day a map/video message was there for me. Carla is also a yoga teacher and I had the pleasure of joining in on one of her classes....so relaxing...Bikes are available and I would ride into Byron about half an hours ride and get my smoothie and check out the shops and head back. I would totally recommend the retreat knowing that you would love it! Sue

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to follow your intuition and stay at the Byron Women's Retreat. I absolutely loved having you here. You have such a gentle and easy energy and I enjoyed how you loved exploring the external and internal worlds available to you. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Last month I had the pleasure of spending six nights at the Byron Women's Retreat. Right from my first contract with Carla it was apparent that I would be well looked after during my stay. With the opportunity to individualise my package to accommodate date changes and include specific treatments it was the perfect combination of rest and relaxation.
Accommodation is simple, welcoming and very comfortable. The position is perfect, with the beach at the end of the street in the very laid back community of Suffolk Park.
The opportunity to reenergise away from daily demands was enchanting, with choices of yoga, (recommend red tent in byron), walking, bike riding, exploring, reading, or none of the above the perfect choice to begin the day.
Along with relaxing massages and facials this was truly a worthwhile escape and something I would recommend every woman experiences at least once - my goal is to make it an annual escape just for me. Truly worth it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna J

When you rang and told me you wanted to book a retreat in three months time, so that you had a special treat to look forward to, I knew you had to be an amazing women. Someone who was really taking care of themselves during a time of need. Your wisdom and heartfelt ability to communicate brought a deep sense of peace to me, knowing that what you said, you truly meant and your honesty to be yourself was truly refreshing. I look forward to seeing you next year!