“BEST MASSAGE EVER!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Byron Bay
Byron Women's Retreat
Melbourne, Australia
“BEST MASSAGE EVER!!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Being 20 weeks pregnant we were lucky to visit Byron Bay for our baby moon. For a bit of pampering I visited Carla at the Byron Womens Retreat for a pregnancy massage and now wish I didn't as Ill never find anyone in Melbourne that compares. Carla is beyond amazing and was able to target all the correct spots without me even telling her where I needed it. She has magical hands and I walked out euphoric from such a brilliant massage. I have no hesitation in recommending Carla for a massage and would make the trip back just for one! Thank you again Carla you truly are gifted!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I am so grateful we found such an amazing place. It was so beautiful and peaceful. My friend and I spent a long weekend here and it was just what we needed to relax and unwind.

I really enjoyed Carla's yoga classes and her massages were amazing. She goes above and beyond to ensure you have everything you need and makes you feel really welcome here.

It's such a beautiful spot, so close to the beach and the best bakery ever. I am really going to miss those delicious almond croissants.

We will definitely be booking to come back again here. It's great!

Sarah

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SarahStreet250
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a lovely spot at the southern end of Tallows Beach, about 20 minutes bike ride (or a bit over an hour walking along the beach) from Byron Bay town. It's a cosy and tranquil house, with a great cafe/bakery and supermarket close by for getting supplies for your meals. There's no need to even wear shoes to go down the street and over the dunes onto the endless gorgeous beach.

Carla offers simply amazing massage, lovely restorative yoga, and thoughtful care in a calm and pleasant home (there are also facials and other treatments available). You stay in the back part of the house, and the treatment rooms are in the front. There's a shared kitchen and bathroom, and you can use the laundry if you want to. Carla also has bikes, books, and a lot of local knowledge that she kindly shares.

I hadn't really understood what the 'retreat' meant when I booked, but Carla was fantastic about sorting out the misunderstanding. For me, the massage/yoga and the location were the most important things - I wanted to give some attention to an injured back and spend a lot of time contemplating waves and sky - so I should have booked just accommodation and massage/yoga sessions. But if you are more interested in the 'healing' side of things, do go for the full retreat.

Carla is a deeply empathetic and thoughtful person, as well as an extremely skilled massage therapist. If you have issues you want to work through or need assistance to identify and respond to your own needs or to changes and challenges in your life, Byron Women's Retreat is ideal. It is all about pampering in the sense of loving care, rather than of luxury. It offers simple shared accommodation and self-catering in a great location, providing a context for a supported personal journey. If that's what you're after, you'll love it.

Room Tip: There are only two bedrooms in the house - both furnished with comfortable beds, lovely linen and pi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Amstelveen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2013

After a week sociallizing and travelling all over the place, I really felt like having some quiet time in a beautiful zanedoo. From the moment I found Byron Women's Retreat everything was in synergy! Carla's warm welcome, the serene atmosphere of the house and my room, the gorgeous beach close, some small shops close, the village at 20 mins biking where there is always enough to do (like a painint workshop, organic market, shops, etc), and as a bonus the healing hands of Carla. It was amazing. I recommend it to anyone who wants some 'me'-time. Also good to go with a friend to relax, catch up and put the world to rights.

Room Tip: The room at the gardenside is gorgeous!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying with Carla for a few short days in her tranquil home. If you are looking to release, relax and rest in a beautiful location then this is the place for you. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Carla I, Owner at Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Byron Women's Retreat and hope to see you, when you visit Australia again later in the year.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

All of the reviews on here are spot on- location for beach/food, facilities, massages, facials, hospitality...all as advertised on their website. I did the Rejoice package and would highly recommend it. I got what I needed from my time there, plus a whole heap of support I didn't even realise I required.
Every session is catered to you, whether you just want some pampering and timeout, or up for some serious mind/body/soul healing.

Room Tip: Both rooms have good storage so wasn't a problem being in the smaller queen size room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Carla I, Owner at Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write another very helpful review for women to read. I am so happy to hear all your needs were met and more! I look forward to hearing how everything works out for you and seeing you again in the not too far future.
noosa heads
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have just spent a magical week at Byron Womens Retreat. It is situated 2 mins walk from the beach. half way along Tallow Beach...in fact you can hear the ocean from the retreat. It is a safe haven for women to go and recharge your batteries . Carla the owner is beautiful...her energy is amazing. Attached to the retreat is her Day Spa so I would walk from my room into the massage room! Nothing was too much trouble , I would mention something and the next day a map/video message was there for me. Carla is also a yoga teacher and I had the pleasure of joining in on one of her classes....so relaxing...Bikes are available and I would ride into Byron about half an hours ride and get my smoothie and check out the shops and head back. I would totally recommend the retreat knowing that you would love it! Sue

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Carla I, Owner at Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to follow your intuition and stay at the Byron Women's Retreat. I absolutely loved having you here. You have such a gentle and easy energy and I enjoyed how you loved exploring the external and internal worlds available to you. I look forward to seeing you again soon!