“Great”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Upper Coomera, Australia
“Great”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had the burrito and enchiladas and they were both well cooked and flavoursome.

I didnt enjoy my cocktail but I do not drink very often so I may not be a great judge.

Visited June 2014

Kingscliff, Australia
“Our favourite”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We drive down the coast (45 mins) to eat here. We have been eating here for about 6 months and meals are always great. Love the mojitos. Pulled pork nachos are my pick. I always struggle to finish them, they are massive. Only negative is last time we sat upstairs and the place smelt like bleach and the floor was so sticky. Won't stop us from going though

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KateEllyAustralia
Emma T, Owner at Miss Margarita, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi there! Thanks for your great review. Delighted to hear you come down to see us! Regarding the floor...it is an ongoing problem for us which it seems we can only fix by replacing the floor:( The varnish on the lovely old timber floorboards gets sticky in certain places. No matter how many times we clean it it gets worse. Sorry about it - will get it sorted soon! Thanks Emma
Byron Bay
“Great food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The food here is excellent. The location is good.

I love everything about it... except the dining experience. Don't get me wrong, I still come back here no matter, that is how good the food is. I've done both lunch and dinner (menu is different) and the food is still good no matter what.

The problem is the dining experience. The place itself... well... could be nicer. I've noticed the tables can be a little sticky. And at first I thought it was just it hadn't be cleaned properly, but now I have decided it is more like they have been lacquered and left out in the sun, but not properly dried. Whatever it is, it is always sticky, no matter what. Upstairs is really hot over summer, the fans do nothing - we all live in Byron, we can imagine how hot it is... we don't go to lunch to be suffocated either.
Lunch has no table service. You get used too it. But hey, Beach Hotel is next door. That is fine.
Dinner does, however, do table service. Well, I did have to ask twice for my wine.... but overall it was good. And I have to say, after the waiter asked me for my ID when I first ordered.... well, we all I like being asked for ID.

Overall though, good food - and if you don't want to be fussed with the dining experience, they do excellent takeaway.

Visited June 2014
Emma T, Owner at Miss Margarita, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi - thanks for your positive feedback about the food. I think the tables you are talking about were the ones on the deck and pavement. You are right - it is the varnish itself that was causing the sticky problem, not dirt! Anyway, we have recently had new locally made tables put on the pavement and have covered the deck tables so hopefully better next time you come! It was very annoying! If you are hot upstairs just talk to the staff as we have air conditioning we can put on. Thanks again, Emma
Sydney, Australia
“Five star atmosphere - mexican "fast food".”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great drinks, margaritas and cocktails are fun. More a fast food joint with a sexy cocktail list. Great atmosphere for a holiday outing. Swept up in the fun of it all the first time. very buzzy and unpretentious. Second time - the food was disappointing. the salt and chilli lime squid is a relatively safe bet. but lucked out the second time - little chewy - not as fresh perhaps or cooked too long. Sizzling fajitas - oily - picked out the pieces of snapper. Very parsimonous on the avocado and salsa relative to corn chips - were charged for the additional salsa and avocado - poor value.
Go for the atmosphere and keep your expectations pretty low on the food - and it is great fun.

• Visited January 2014
Bowral, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived early during happy hour (5-6pm) so we didn't have to queue, and started with some $10 cocktails and the appetiser plate. The smokehouse cocktail was really unique and full of flavour. The appetisers arrived almost instantly and were incredible. A great mix of interesting bites - salt and pepper squid, deep-fried stuffed jalapeños, home-made corn chips and guac. The chicken fajitas were equally impressive. I wish we could have fitted in more, will have to try the pulled pork enchiladas next time!

• Visited June 2014