“AAA+ Par Excellence”
Review of Byron Bathers

Byron Bathers
Ranked #12 of 35 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Hospitality at its very best. Everything about Byron Bathers including and its hosts Sam & Paul far exceeded my expectations. All the wonderful comments other guests had written were absolutely true
My husband and I stayed for twelve nights, then me alone for a further 39 nights. Not for one moment did I question my decision to stay so long and was extremely sad to finally depart. My privacy was always respected and I welcomed the improptu discussions we had. My suite was fully serviced every four days. I have been traveling for over 35 years and their services are second to none and were always of the same high standard.
On many occasions when I opened the fridge I found a homemade treat, Sam just seemed to know when I was in need of cheering up, her muffins are delicious.
This was hospitality at its very best so will return without hestitation. A very heartfelt thank you Sam & Paul you are No 1 in Byron for me!

Room Tip: Either room is great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Byron1_13, Owner at Byron Bathers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

W. what a fantastic review! You couldn't wipe the smile off our faces. It is such a treat for us to know that we all enjoyed each others company equally. Your stay was a "long" one and for us was never a burden as you were the perfect guest - easy to get along with and always considerate of other guests and of us. So a heartfelt thank you. We hope to see you & R. again in the future Take care.

There are newer reviews for Byron Bathers

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I decided to organise a DIY retreat for my birthday and Byron Bathers was just the perfect base.
The room was filled with sunlight, spacious, clean and serene. The house is quite separate from the guest rooms and had the weather become persistent tropical rain with thunderstorms, that BB sometimes gets, I would have been happy to spend substantial time in my room reading, writing or just 'chilling'. But above all it was the thoughtfulness, hospitality and high standard of accommodation and service by Sandra and Paul that makes Byron Bathers 'simply the best'.

Byron Bathers is in the centre activity but in a quiet laneway...so I could just walk a minute for massage, morning yoga or shiatsu session (or 3mins to the beach) and then wander back to a calm beautiful space .

The breakfasts were a fabulous start to the day: fruit salad, yogurt, fruit juice and tasty bagel or ryebread with interesting toppings. The best cafes and restaurants are literally in the next street: Bayleaf, Taga, 111, Raw and St Elmo.

I usually avoid B&Bs 'cause they can be over-stuffed chintzy & death by doily with intrusive or reluctant hosts. BUT Sandra & Paul have got it just right: warm, welcoming & helpful but not at all intrusive; with beautifully clean, well appointed and uncluttered guest rooms. I will definitely stay at Byron Bathers again.

Room Tip: Book early.. there are only 2 guest rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Thank you Sam and Paul for the hospitality on our recent mini "babymoon". We had such a lovely stay. You want for nothing at Byron Bathers. It is spacious, comfortable and so very welcoming. The location is just perfect - close to everything, but not too close. Quiet and easy to access. We would love to stay again if we ever have a weekend spare without child! Thanks again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for over a week and never once had a problem with this fantastic B&B. The location is brilliant; right in the centre of Byron but off on a quiet little street. The room was spacious and well equipped. The bathroom was a great size and the shower pressure was amazing.

The bed was soft, much softer than I'm used to, but unusually for me, I didn't miss one night sleep.

The breakfasts were by far the best I've had in an extraordinarily long time. Every day a different selection of fruit, cereal and something extra, be it bagels one day, banana bread the next. The helpings were so generous that some days we saved food over for lunch.

We used the small private courtyard outside on numerous occasions and never once felt like we didn't have privacy. There is also a lovely communal courtyard next to the pool which we used once and had the same feeling of privacy, which is amazing for a B&B.

The owners Sam and Paul are lovely and not once did we feel unwelcome.

I've visited Byron Bay man times and have stayed in numerous places there over the years, both upmarket and more budget and this is by far the best for value for money.

If you're traveling single (as my husband was at the beginning of the stay) or in a couple, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank upthejungle
Reviewed 7 October 2012

First class and in an excellent location Byron Bathers is the perfect place to stay and relax.
Nothing left out, everything needed was on hand or available from the freindly, welcoming owners Sam and Paul. Easily equal in quality to a 5 star hotel, spacious and extremely comfortble.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandrajapan
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Byron Bathers is a modern and spacious B&B that is very quiet due to it's location on a small lane just off the central street. We were greeted by Paul who was very charming, informative and unobtrusive. We stayed for 3 nights during the week and had the opportunity to view both rooms to choose our favorite. Both room were large, had their own outdoor patio, and boasted very spacious and modern bathrooms each having a large shower and jacuzzi tub.

The B&B has a lovely plunge pool and a beautifully landscaped and decorated outdoor (covered) patio area with plenty of seating to lounge around, take a nap, read a book, or have breakfast. The B&B is gated and designed in a manner so you feel like you're in a secluded oasis with no outside influences. Lots of amenities were provided including kitchenware, beach towels, a small beach tent, books, games, a DVD collection (the rooms have a large flat screen TV with DVD player), and free wi-fi Internet.

Breakfasts were easy and convenient. A tray of continental-style breakfast was left in the common fridge and we were free to enjoy breakfast whenever we wanted and wherever we wanted (usually in the patio by the pool). It usually consisted of muesli, yogurt, fruit, juice, and a different main item every day (muffins, panini, bagel, etc), and always left us full.

The location is perfect as it is one block away from the main street and a 5 minute walk to the main strip and the main beach. Being tucked away on a small street away from the pubs and restaurants meant that we enjoyed peaceful sleep (the beds were wonderfully comfortable) and a quiet stay.

Overall Byron Bathers is a paradise within the paradise that is Byron Bay, and we felt like it was our little secret B&B. Thank you Paul and Sam for a wonderful stay, and thanks to all the TripAdvisor reviews for recommending this gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Byron Bathers is centrally located within Byron Bay and is a smart well equipped boutique style bed and breakfast. The bedrooms are spacious as is the bathroom which has a large shower and a jacuzzi bath. They have thought of everything you may want e.g. towels for the pool / beach as well as a collapsible shade tent that you could take to the beach, a good selection of DVD's and CDs, books magazines and board games. Everything is spotlessly clean and the huge bed is very comfortable.

The kitchen area is colour co-ordinated for each room and everything is labelled with notes left everywhere which at first we found slightly odd but realised it was all part of the unobtrusive manner of hospitality.

Good standard continental breakfast is left in the fridge for you to eat whenever you like, Coffee and tea are available whenever you want.

Paul is an excellent host, knows the area well and gave us good advice regarding a walk to the lighthouse (worth doing) as well as information about restaurants.

Thank you for a lovely relaxed stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple