“Absolutely wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Byron Bay
Beach Bure Byron Bay
Reviewed 12 February 2014

If you are thinking of staying anywhere in Bryon Bay, you must choose Beach Bure. The accommodation is just lovely & it's in a safe & secure environment. This is a small, boutique type place and it's just amazing, it is different to what you might expect but I think you won't regret staying here. It's across the road from the beach with a short walk & close enough to the town centre but not too close. It is quiet at night & no expense was spared to provide some luxury during your stay. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Absolutely delightful accommodation and a wonderful host in Georgi. A perfect spot for beach lovers like ourselves, couldn't have made a better choice. Would definitely return to beach bure if we are lucky enough to visit Australia again as we are from the UK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendy s
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Let me start by saying how much we enjoyed staying at Beach Bure Byron Bay! Everything was close to perfect. The rooms have a beautiful feel and layout and the Bures are located in prime position! Right across the road from the beach which was sooo handy and also very close to all the shops without having to be too close to the chaos.. just perfect! Each Bure has a little balcony or outside area and the wildlife that we saw was pretty special. A water dragon would come and visit us every so often! Each bure has a handy espresso machine, the fridge was stocked with drinks and chocolates and were at no extra cost. The L'occitane products were also so beautiful. It was the small things that went a long way as well! We had suncreen,towels, umbrellas, beach chairs all at our disposal! The stand out of the Bures of course is Georgia! She catered to our every need and we were so thankful for her. The rooms have her touch! She is the most gracious and caring host I have ever had! She treated us like friends and she just topped our experience and I would go back time and time again..! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We have just returned from 5 days in Byron Bay and the accommodation at the Beach Bure really helped make the holiday perfect, along with the lovely weather of course. Georgi is a wonderful host who clearly knows her business, and her attention to the smallest details ensured that we had a wonderfully relaxing time in luxurious style, for example at the time of booking I asked for one of the Nespresso machines that are available on request, and she asked me which capsules I would prefer! Everything you could possibly need for the beach are ready and waiting, and the vouchers for breakfast helped us discover some fabulous cafes with excellent food. Would we choose to stay here again on our next trip to Byron? Absolutely.

Room Tip: All 3 bures are of the same high standard, each with slightly different outlook i.e. garden or ocean...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and myself have been travelling to Byron for weekend getaways now for around 20 years mostly staying in the same accomodation. Last weekend we celebrated a wedding anniversary and chose a new location to try for something different as we felt the previous location was becoming a bit tired, lacking up keep and worst of all now dosen't include breakfast.
What a sensational experience we had in the Beach Bure's, take all the positives written on these reviews forget the negatives. Every thing you need for a relaxing,comfortable getaway is proviuded.
The rooms are immaculate,the quality of the linen and amenties is first class, the host goes out of her way to make you feel special and nothing is trouble. Complimentary beverages are provided, even making sure the brand and style of wine was to our liking.My wife who likes her coffee was provided with a pod machine much to her delight. The loction of the property is excellent across the road and your on the beach, a 2 minute walk and your amongst the shops and restuarants, its the type of place that once you park your car you don't need to use it until you want to leave. The Bure's individually are very private and comfortable. Breakfast vouchers for carefully selected and recommended local eateries are provided, which we found the choices and quality first class!
Overall quality and value for money excellent ! We shall definately be returning, a very special experience !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MICHAEL A
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have just returned from 3 nights in beautiful Byron. I have stayed in Byron many times but as I was going up to Byron this time for a wedding with my partner, I decided to splash out. I spent many hours researching for a really nice romantic place to stay that was also close to town and the beach. After picking my top 3 places to stay, I read some reviews on Trip Advisor and decided on the Beach Bure.

Georgi seemed lovely on the phone when I booked, and as it was the mid-season and she had no other bookings for that weekend she gave us a bit of a discount. She even organised a shuttle bus to pick us up from the airport, which was great.

When we got to the Beach Bure, Georgi let us pick from the 3 bures as there was no one else booked in over the time we would be there. We chose the middle one, as it was the largest, and looked over the park in front of the beach. If you looked really hard you could just make out the sea. Unfortunately, you had to look over a loud main road too. Whilst there was no breakfast included Georgi gave us vouchers to a couple of local cafes, which was a much better idea.

In terms of the room and facilities, unfortunately it was over priced. For the amount you are paying, the rooms & especially the bathrooms are quite small. My partner and I struggled to fit in the bathroom at the same time. For a property that claims to be 4-5 star, there was no house keeping except for a change of towels. Unfortunately, this meant no bed change for our entire 3 night stay, and left us sleeping in sandy sheets for nights 2&3. Uncomfortable.

I have never stayed at a B&B before, and based on our recent stay at the Beach Bure, I will not do so again. My partner and I felt like our movements were very closely monitored. The front gate sounds an alarm in Georgi's room, so she knows every time you come and go. We came home late on the Saturday night after the wedding & Georgi got very angry at us because the gate woke her up. She even mentioned that she had done us a favour in dropping the room rate & questioned our use of the towels as one was dirty - very rude and invasive. Unfortunately, this tainted the trip for us and we felt quite uncomfortable being there after this. This place is probably best suited to people closer to Georgi's age bracket (50-60yo).

Overall, the location is ok considering it is separated from the beach by a main road and a park but was conveniently close town. The facilities are lovely but the Beach Bure is over priced for its size, location and service. On our next trip to Byron at xmas, we will be skipping over the Beach Bure and going elsewhere. We give the Beach Bure a 4/10.

Room Tip: The middle bure is the biggest but the ground floor bure is more private
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tess H
Georgi2481, Manager at Beach Bure Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We are very proud of our unique, Boutique accommodation and that we provide a relaxed, non smoking environment for our guests. We do expect that all of our guests are respectful of the other guests, especially late night and early morning.

I am very sorry that the guest in question had spent many hours researching properties in Byron Bay, when in fact she did not bother to read the Terms and Conditions of stay noted on the website 'to read' before making booking and a copy of this is also forwarded with the booking confirmation.

We do cater for all ages and this has been proven by our reviews on Tripadvisor over the last few years.

Google maps on our website clearly shows that we are on the road that goes along the beach front, which is understandably busy.

The Terms and Conditions clearly state that we are a non smoking property. That means no smoking on the property at all.

The Terms and Conditions clearly states that the rooms are not serviced daily, as we are trying to contribute to saving the environment, which most properties are doing now. We do a complete change of linen and full clean mid stay of booking 4 nights or more. There are spare towels in the wardrobes and it is noted that fresh towels are available on request and these were changed daily, as the wet towels had to be picked up off the floor and bed. We do not provide hand towels to be used to clean black shoes.

Guest mentioned sand in the bed, we do have an outdoor foot wash and an outdoor shower which you walk past when entering the property. There is also a mat at the Bure door.

For security reasons we have a coded gate which should be closed after entering the property at all times.

The guests were offered their choice of Bure, when if fact there was one with a larger bathroom, all of the Bures are very similar in size.

The guests were allowed an early check in and a late check out to suit their flights and so they could shower before leaving at 2.00 pm.

We provide breakfast vouchers to be used at the selected cafes in town, it is the guests choice as to when they use these vouchers. Fresh muffins were baked and left on table for guests to consume. Fresh fruit platter is also placed on the table each day.

There is not an alarm to be heard every time someone comes in and out the gate, but when guests slam the gate it is not difficult to see the time when they are coming and going. On the particular night mentioned the guests came and left on a couple of occasions at about 2.00 am.

The noise issues, I do not believe it is too much to ask that the guests be quiet at 2.30 - 3.00 am in the morning, especially when they are sitting outside another bure when in fact they had their own balcony, and to not talk at the top of their voices when going for a walk at 6.00 am in the morning.

We do try to please all guests and endeavour to provide them with a relaxed healthy environment. We sincerely believe we are doing this.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the beautiful ground floor bure with the charming hostess, Georgie treating us as if we were guests in her home. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are beautiful (although small). The complimentary bottled water each day, plus a welcoming bottle of bubbles and beer were very much appreciated. My husband was very happy with Georgie’s freshly baked muffins each day. I was delighted that there was fresh fruit on hand whenever I wanted. Georgie ensured that the bure always had a selection of teas, coffees, cd's, magazines, cookies and top quality Loccitane toiletries. We were offered Wifi as soon as we booked in. We tended to buy gourmet take-away for the evening. This was made easy as the bure has plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses, all of which were later washed and returned to us by Georgie. We thought it a wonderful idea that Georgie supplies a $40.00 voucher for each day at a different café, which can be used for any meal. Each café had character and fabulous food that we would not otherwise have experienced .
The property is across the road from a park, the beach and a walking track along the beach. It is also close to town, restaurants, cafes and the Hotel. Very convenient for us as my husband has bad knees and cannot walk long distances. The location enhanced our stay.

I am surprised at the gentleman who thought the booking arrangements inflexible. Most bed and breakfast accommodation will not allow cancellation without 30 days notice as it would be too late to rebook.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking up stairs, request the only ground floor bure.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple