“Good location but a bit noisy”

Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Campbelltown B&B and Inns
Scone, Australia
“Good location but a bit noisy”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The location of the motel was easy to find. Our room was situated on the second floor and we had another busy road situated behind us. I found the noise from this road loud and rooms at the other end of the complex would be quieter. The cleanliness was fine and the room size good. The lady on check in was also very pleasant. Unfortunately they had a large group of people staying at the motel that night who decided to 'party' until 3am the next morning. Overall I felt the accommodation experience was in between average and very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road behind the motel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aussietribe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nelson Bay, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were travelling by train from Newcastle to Melbourne and required accommodation for the night before a morning departure from Campbelltown Station. The Motel is about 1 klm from the station and getting there by taxi or bus was not a problem. We arrived around 1245 and were able to check-in immediately thanks to the friendly staff. We were initially allocated a room on the first floor but noting my wife's walking problem we were given a ground floor room at the back of the property. This room was away from the main road, which ensured we had a quite nights sleep. The room was large with a queen and single bed and all the usual mode-con's. The shower is over the bath and the toilet is also located in the bathroom. The mornings light breakfast was delivered the night before, by arrangement, and we were able to cook our toast with the toaster provided. They also provide a complementary newspaper with your breakfast. For dinner that night, we dined at the Gold Wheel Chinese Restaurant which is about 100 metre's from the Colonial inside the grounds of the Maclin Motel. The motel was booked on Last Minute.com.

Room Tip: No lift to 1st floor , request ground floor if mobility is an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gaja
Victoria
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We booked one night en route north and found the motel without difficulty as directions from the Hume Highway were included in the booking sheet. Clean and comfortable, and management recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner just a few minutes walk away. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brightievictoria
Mallacoota, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We booked via phone and were given good advice about room access and restaurants in the area as we were arriving after 9 pm. By the time we got our take away food and arrived at the motel it was 9.30 pm. We were still eating our meal when there was a blackout in the motel complex (there were lights in other buildings around the motel).
We could not finish our meal or do the work we needed to do. Needless to say we could not read or watch TV either and our cold room could not be warmed by the air conditioner. We found our way into bed in the dark.
When we checked out the next morning we asked about recompense and were told that the manager would need to make that decision. The receptionist checked that she had the correct phone number for me and said she would refer our request to the manager. 48 hours later we have had no contact and I suspect deeply we will not hear from the manager.
The rooms are large and blessedly quiet and quite clean with comfortable beds. They are however very basic and $119 was expensive for the type of accommodation and location. The modern decor described on the website is an overstatement.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aqob
Andrea H, Manager at Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Firstly I must apologise for not contacting you yet, I have been on day's off, and when I returned to work I thought it would be better to contact you on Monday morning so as not to bother you over the weekend.
I agree the power outage was an inconvenience to us all. On the night I went around and informed anyone who was outside that there had been a car accident just 200 metres from the motel, a car had hit a sub power station and caused a complete back out, the car had burst into flames and it was, I understand quite a dangerous situation. I spoke to the technicians attending the incident who informed me they would have it all up and running within the hour, which they did.
This really was a classic example of a situation that was completely out of my control, but I understand your annoyance and regret that I did not have the opportunity to advise you about the incident, because of the late hour I only spoke to people who were outside as I did not want to wake any guests who were sleeping soundly by knocking on doors.
NSW
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We recently stopped over for two nights on business. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There is also a great restaurant just up the road which is fantastic. We had an enjoyable stay and would return if ever in Campbelltown.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RaineDay
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Spent two nights here with the kids. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the shower was terrific and the price just right!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EvanKatesma
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and i went to a 50th birthday party in Campbelltown. The motel from the outside was very presentable and being set back about 40m from the main road was an advantage re noise.
Staff were excellent and courteous. Breakfast very nice.
Our room was clean and reasonably roomy, but very outdated and in need of refurbishment.
The bathroom tiles were dangerously slippery when wet. The plastic washhand basin was an old and cracked affair. The plug was disgusting, very old and unhygienic. Surely a cheap thing to replace.
Check out other motels in the area before you settle on this one.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ross l
Andrea H, Manager at Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Sorry you have not had a response earlier, I have only just registered and am now able to respond to your review, albeit a bit late I know, however for the sake of anyone viewing the reviews I would like to mention that most of our rooms have had an excellent upgrade with new bathrooms, beds, carpet etc and we have been enjoying showing them off and accepting all the wonderful feedback we get from our happy guests. It is unfortunate for us that you did not have a positive experience, the bathroom issues you mentioned have been addressed and If you were to come to Campbelltown again and give us another go I think we could offer you a very different experience from the one you described.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbelltown
Ibis Budget Campbelltown
Quest Campbelltown Apartment Hotel
The Hermitage Motel
The Hermitage Motel
#1 of 1 in Leumeah

Been to Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn? Share your experiences!