“Consistently very, very, good.”

Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Campbelltown
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel extensively and frequently for business and found this hotel in April this year. Subsequently I have stayed there on no less than 5 separate occasions over the ensuing 6 months. The hotel looks impressive from both the outside and inside. Looks are not deceiving. The hotel is impressive,. The rooms are spacious, very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The beds are so comfortable you do not want to get up. The bar and restaurant are first rate. The menu broad and the food beautifully presented. Not only that - it is sumptuous. This hotel abuts the Campbelltown Catholic Club and you an access the Club directly from Rydges so entertainment and a wide variety of meals and bars is available.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have waited some months to write this review because I thought that the bright and modern amenity might be blind-siding some faults in the property. But after 5 separate visits I can only say that this one of the best 41/2 star properties that I have stayed in. The pricing is not cheap but you certainly get more than value and a little bonus like free secure car parking makes up for this. While on the subject of security, you feel so much more reassured knowing that you cannot access the hotel rooms without an electronically coded card available only to residents.

Room Tip: The rooms are very well sound proofed so if mobility is a problem opt for a room near the lift.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Great to hear from one of our regular guests and we are really pleased that you have enjoyed your numerous stays with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, I look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year!
All the best

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am a Hotel Manager myself and it is just our nature to stay at other hotels and pick up on all the things that you think you do better... BUT my experience was truly brilliant from making my reservation with your front office manager at the last minute as I had to visit a friend in hospital, to ordering my annoying coffee with the friendly restaurant manager. All your team were so accommodating friendly and helpful, during my stay 3 housekeepers interacted with me and asked me how my stay was and if I needed anything.
Please thank your team and I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you so well. It’s nice to get such a positive review from a fellow Hotel Manager, I'm intrigued as to what you 'annoying coffee order' was? I’ll pass your comments on to the crew at our next guest services meeting.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here over the long weekend. Sydney had so much going on we found it hard to find reasonably priced hotel rooms. It was the NRL GRAND FINAL, FLEET REVIEW, PRINCE HARRY. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Check in was easy and the staff really friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor and the bed was one of the best. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food and service was great. Excellent service, lovely ambiance - a great night. Hotel is handy to everything including the highway. A lovely stay. Only negative was the card access kept failing and had to have them changed after a couple of uses.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for informing other travellers of your experience at Rydges Campbelltown. Great to hear you enjoyed the long weekend with us, see you next time!
Regards, Blair

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed at this location for the first time recently for a week. There was a mix up with our reservation (very late at night) however staff were very helpful and worked their best to sort it out - providing a very appropriate alternative and complimentary breakfast to compensate for the error. All staff throughout the visit were professional and friendly. Lovely environment from the rooms to the restaurant and other surrounding facilities. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the reservation error was efficiently resolved. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Cheers, Blair

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stay here from time to time as I have business to attend to. The staff are always helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean. The bar and restaurant is always busy.. make sure you book. Stay here, you'll enjoy it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi Anita, thanks so much for your review. Good tip about the Restaurant - it does book out most nights and our hotel restaurant INFUSION has just been awarded best Hotel, Motel, Resort restaurant in Southern NSW!

For future hotel guests, we can make your Restaurant reservation before your stay, to ensure you don’t miss out - phone direct on 02 4645 0557

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I only stayed here 2 nights on business, and I would recommend for a short or long stay.
Great rooms, fabulous food, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
It was close to a nice walking area, and shops are close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hi Julie, Thanks for telling other travellers of your experience at Rydges Campbelltown. Great to hear you had a fantastic stay with us, see you next time!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I visit UWS annually and visit all four campuses. Colleagues always ask me why I stay in Campbelltown and I just say 'Rydges'! It doesn't have to be expensive to stay here and eat as the proximity of the Catholic Club and the reciprocal billing and easy entry there to an excellent range of cheaper options is good. Also, the CC has wireless - the lack of which in rooms (the wireless in the bar at the hotel is hopeless) is the only downside in these days of iPads. However, it's worth having a few of the micro-brewed beer while to try to find a signal in the bar. Joining the Priority Club is worth it just for the free arrivial drink and discount. I'll be back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

That’s a great review, thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience with the travelling community. The WIFI issue......this will be resolved by end of September – we are investing in infrastructure that will provide excellent WIFI coverage and speeds anywhere in the hotel or in fact the entire Catholic Club Precinct.
Thanks again, we’ll see you next year
Blair

Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbelltown
Maclin Lodge Motel
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands
#4 of 15 in Wollongong
Novotel Wollongong Northbeach

Been to Rydges Campbelltown Sydney? Share your experiences!