“Comfort plus and really friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rydges Campbelltown Sydney

Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Campbelltown
Sydney, Australia
“Comfort plus and really friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed only for a night but the room was beautifully appointed, clean and I just adored the bed. Super comfortable - as good as sleeping in my own. The staff are wonderful - really friendly and could not do enough to make my stay comfortable. I wish I had noted the young lady at the front desk (dark hair) that went out of her way to ensure I was comfortable - Thank you. Breakfast was a delight with a wonderful choice. My only criticism was around the confusion I experienced regarding the ordering of coffee. On the tables at Breakfast they have printed note pads where you can order coffee or in my case a chai latte. What isn't clear is that an extra charge is associated with doing this. No prices are included on the order pad nor any further instructions beyond giving a filled in tab to a waitress. I mistakenly assumed it was included in my breakfast fee (easy enough to do when no prices are shown). It was annoying as the chai latte was not nice - it was like hot milk - not much taste- so was pretty much left untouched. If I had been aware that I was paying for it I would have returned it. Please Rydges fix this issue as it felt like a bit of a sting when I went to pay my bill on departure. Otherwise a glorious stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brett B, Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
What a great review MiniMooToo- thankyou! It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our team looked after you so well. We do try and make our guest feel as if they are in their home away from home.
You bring a valid point in regards the coffee order sheet and I will bring this up at our next meeting as we definately don't want our guests to feel misled.
We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon and hope that your next stay will be just as memorable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over night after a huge wedding function.... And just loved it. The room was spotless, so kudos to the housekeeping gang!

Was disappointed that they don't serve cocktails after 10 on a saturday night but prehaps that is a legal thing and not the hotels fault....

I looove the pillows on the bed, please do keep them ... It was like sleeping on a cloud!

Breakie was ok(i am a breakie chef from a five star resort) i had scambled eggs and they were nice......... If you stick a towel over the bread it stops it from going stale.

Special mention to katie on the front desk, she checked me in soo quick... Upgraded my room.... And let us bring maccas into the hotel as the kitchen had closesd....

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thanks Paige for the great review.

Katie is one of our fantastic front office staff. I will make sure these comments are passed onto her.

Unfortunately our Bar is restricted by what we can serve at different times. I hope you get to try the cocktails next time - they are definitely worth it.

Regards,
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at Rydges for a function at the Catholic club next door. Check in staff were friendly and there is nice undercover parking. The room was clean, neat & tidy though small with an even smaller bath. Bed was really comfortable and I slept like a log.

I ordered room service and the lamb cutlets were excellent with one of the best red wine jus sauces I have had in a long time. So based on that I was really looking forward to breakfast.

Ah breakfast, grey scrambled eggs that the chef just mixed around in the bain marie every now and then, overcooked omelette, greasy and cold hash brown etc etc Oh, the yoghurt was nice. Obviously the chef ay night has nothing to do with breakfast - they were worlds apart. Save yourself the hassle and just go to Macca's down the road.

Sum up - The hotel has it's own micro brewery and what looks like would be a lovely courtyard to have lunch into stay - simply a nice place to stay but don't bother with the breakfast

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi Nev,

Thanks for the review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was disappointing though to read that breakfast was below our usual standards. I have passed this over the head chef for review and to make sure our usual standards are not being compromised.

Regards,
Woody Point, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at Rydges for and was impressed with it's modern design and services.
My room was clean neat, tidy and very comfy.
The buffet breakfast was fantastic and well worth the money.
Having the services of the Catholic club right next door was handy for other food options and entertainment.
Hotel is only 5 mins off the main Hume highway between Sydney and Canberra and the perfect stop for the overnight Brisbane to Snowy Mountains run (Drive).
Easy undercover parking
Happy to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hi Darren,

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the brewery. Our brewer has just brewed our newest beer the Nepean IPA. If you get a chance to stay again I highly recommend trying it.

Thanks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

First things first, easy car parking in the basement car park which is well lit.
Reception was very friendly and welcoming, the room is spacious modern and very comfortable. Great bathroom with a good shower.
The micro brewery was a delightful bonus with the in house pale ale a nice drop. And the wi fi is free!
Other hotels can learn from this in these times free wi fi is essential.
Food review to come but already this place is a winner for business and even leisure travel .

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brett B, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, 9 February 2015
Hi there Wellsys, thanks for such a great and detailed review. Happy to hear you found our free parking and wifi to your liking. You’ll have to join us again to try our new pale ale the Brew 150 sometime soon. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us. Warm regards, Cheyenne
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was hoping to get to Sydney that day, but as driving took longer than expected decided to stay at the Rydges. It's a city-like modern hotel with all you'd expect (though very poor water pressure in the shower). Be advised that price at front desk is 30% higher than internet one, so book ahead. It's a good hotel for a good night sleep, but location-wise it's rather out of the town's centre, and you'll require a drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Eurobin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had to travel to Sydney from NE Victoria on short notice and most of our usual Sydney hotels were very expensive so we tried the Rydges at Campbelltown as the rate was half the price and great free under cover parking as well. Modern clean rooms, great restaurant and good shops close by and Catholic Club next door. Although it took 1 hr to get to Sydney it was still a good options compared to the expensive city hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbelltown
Maclin Lodge Motel
#1 of 1 in Leumeah
Narellan Motor Inn
Narellan Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Narellan

Been to Rydges Campbelltown Sydney? Share your experiences!