“This large park has a large lake to enjoy.”

Pymatuning State Park
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Jamestown
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped here after visiting the Lago Winery in Jamestown, PA. We walked around by the lake and enjoyed the outdoor ambiance.

All reviews
"pack a picnic"
"sites"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Well, I've read that it doesn't happen, but I have actually seen this phenomenon at the Pymatuning State Park Spillway. Since I have family in the area, I have never had cause to stay at the park but I've lost count as to how many times I've visited the Spillway, first as a child then with my own children. The attraction is free as is the parking. The fun, once the shock of seeing so many huge carp in one area is over, is in flinging bread and watching the fish (and sometimes ducks) compete for it. It's kind of like watching a shark feeding frenzy. Sometimes they'll even wriggle their way up the bank to get a piece of bread that didn't reach the water. An interesting place with a few other attractions nearby.

4  Thank Marcia B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The water quality in Pymatuning is terrible and probably not suitable for swimming though this fishing is still ok. Even in early spring this year it is green with algea and full of debris. I assume this is the result of the huge carp population that appears to be overwhelming the lake.

3  Thank David B
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We've camped at Pymatuning State Park many times. Plenty of friendly people, trails, fishing, boating , wildlife and so much more. It is one of my most favorite places to camp. Picturesque also! Close enough to many other attractions. Just a few... Deer Park, Conneaut Lake Park and Amish country. Please, don't camp here. That way I know there will be a space for me when I show up. :-) Happy Camping!

5  Thank jack r
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Pymatuning State Park (Andover, Ohio) is a wonder respite from the city...not too far away, the basic cottages are comfortable and clean, grills and fire pits are provided for each cottage and a nice little playground for the children. Trails to walk, a lakeside beach and of course a visit to the Spillway along with just the peace and quiet of being in the woods make for a lovely weekend, which is always over too soon. There is a little convenience store in the basic cottage area now, but I didn't get the hours it was open (not on the flyer left in the cabin). No response/comment card was in the cabin in this year so I guess I have to send an e-mail to let the Park Managers know how much we enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank Bg M