“My only complaint is that I had to leave.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budleigh House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Budleigh House
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“My only complaint is that I had to leave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked Budleigh House to combine a trip to see family with a romantic break with my Boyfriend. I was looking forward to staying as the pictures looked lovely. I was not disappointed. On arriving we were made extremely welcome. Maria is a wonderful host and makes a great breakfast. She even arranged for a table at the local pub with a lift back from one of the staff should we decide to enjoy a glass or 2 of wine.
The whole house is stunning and our room The Eden Suite was an absolute dream. The attention to detail throughout is truly remarkable and I have simply never stayed anywhere so lovely. I will certainly be making many more return trips when visiting family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Quite, quaint, unusual and unique; with lots and lots of attention to detail, and personal attention at that.
interior decor unsurpassed, and those personal touches everywhere are well worth exploring.
Lovely stay, will go back again and again

Room Tip: trust maria, she knows best
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Worksop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Eden suite for my partners birthday , the hotel is stunning , full of character and decorated to a very high standard , the gardens are pretty and we we're made very welcome , Maria even arranged for us to be taken to the local pub and brought back . Will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at budleigh over the weekend to celebrate my in laws 50th wedding anniversary and the place it self is stunning made very welcome attention to detail is gorgeous well worth the cost as we will definately be going back for another stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I spent one evening at Budleigh House and had booked as a late booking needing somewhere to stay as part of a business trip and not wishing to stay in a standard overnight stay type hotel. I found it a delightful Bed and Breakfast, that exceeded my expectations. I was met at the door by Maria who was the perfect host. The room i stayed in was well appointed, the en-suite bathroom was huge. The decor is of a high standard, with some nice touches which make this stand out above the competition. The breakfast was excellent. Nice quiet surroundings.
It was an absolute pleasure to stay at Budleigh House and i would highly recommend it.
Darren (Shropshire)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a delightful bed and breakfast. It is quiet and off the beaten path, but close enough to the major centers to not be a nuisance. The premiere suite was very nice. There was a ton of room, and a desk which has a delightful view.

I was working nearby and was very glad to retreat to come back to. Maria is a wonderful host and very thoughtful in all the small details. If I come back to the area I will be coming here for sure.

If you are in the area, she will suggest and I would also encourage you to go to the Jenny Wren for dinner.

Room Tip: The premiere suite was excellent. I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were looking for somewhere to be together "slowly" - as a treat! And to visit Helmswell antique centre and to discover Lincoln. I am so glad we did not stay in Lincoln, but chose this wonderful off-the-beaten-track gentle and delightful place, and similar host - Maria. We still had very easy access to the busy centres that were the purpose of our visit - and then we had the most wonderfully relaxed time to enjoy being together in a beautifully presented house and garden, with luxurious decor. In fact it is possible to have weddings and civil partnerships here. What a great place! I loved it ... and so want to go again.
Jenny & Richard.

Room Tip: We stayed in the big one, and it is HUGE with a dressing room and bathroom. It overlooks and and has...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Susworth
Premier Inn Scunthorpe Hotel
#5 of 5 in Scunthorpe
The White Swan
The White Swan
#1 of 2 in Scotter

Been to Budleigh House? Share your experiences!