“Peace and Quiet near the Beach”

Mediterranean Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent Head
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I stayed here one night each on my way to and from Byron Bay, and what a pleasant change it made from that over-done tourist trap. Crescent Head itself is a lovely, quiet, sleepy township and the motel, which you find on the main road as soon as you enter the town, made for a very pleasant stay. It's a short walk to the beach and there's a pool and spa onsite. The rooms had a nice feel without being overdone (the upstairs rooms seemed to be a little more luxurious than the downstairs ones), and at bargain prices ($90-100 per night during school holidays!). I found the rooms spacious, clean, and comfortable, and I'll definitely stay here again next time I head north. As well as motel rooms, the Mediterranean offers cabins and two houses (which sleep 6 and 8), and my son and I are already planning to book one of these over the summer holidays so he can really surf in style. There is a Thai restaurant on site, but I didn't eat there the two nights I stayed, although I would plan to next time. The most important thing to me was that I could get a peaceful night's sleep here. Only downside: reception doesn't appear to open until 3pm, so if you need anything before then, you just have to hope you run into someone around the place who works there. However, when I did ring to make a booking from the road at about midday and left my mobile number, I received a return call only a few minutes later, which I thought was great service.

• Stayed: October 2010
5  Thank ZXgirl9

Reviewed 13 March 2009

I have just spent a few days here, and found the staff friendly, easy going, which made it a pleasent stay.
Room keep clean, and just a short walk to the beach.
Found out that the motel is under new management and easy going.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Rockpool Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in South West Rocks
Kempsey Powerhouse Motel
Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges
Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by...
#10 of 42 in Port Macquarie

Been to Mediterranean Motel? Share your experiences!