“Comfortable Stay”
Review of Gosford Motor Inn

Gosford Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gosford
Reviewed 17 December 2011

It's always difficult to rate Motels and Motor Inns as my expectations of them aren't very high so I allow for that. Yes, this place is a little dated, but it was Clean and Comfortable - what more do you need? Well, we actually got a balcony by the pool at the back as well - bonus! Nothing I could fault with this Motor Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Look, it is a little old and basic but it was perfect for a one night stay. The Hotel is dated, granted but it was comfortable enough. Big TV and air-con and heating worked. Not much else to say on the actual hotel.

The receptionist was great and made a long day that much easier. She also pointed out a great local Thai restaurant which once again, was great for service and food.

Only downside was that our car got egged (1 egg) and we had to clean it off in the morning. I wouldn't expect this to be common and I checked the cars around and there was no marks or anything on them. Maybe my neighbour thought the TV was too loud!

Anyway, overall, definately worth the stay for a short business trip!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days with my buddies and it was a decision that ill never regret. The new owner was very nice and was always at service to us when we needed it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It is very clean, cozy and quiet, with a conservative ambiance. I'm very glad that i chose this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Went with a few mates and we got the big room. Was VERY clean and the staff were VERY helpful and friendly. The service was great too. I read some reviews of it before and it was said to be "ok for a night" but we stayed a week and it was brilliant.

I also heard theres a new owner and it must've been a BIG change cos things were excellent! Anyway a great motel A+++ 5/5

We stayed in the guest house which was excellent, once again very clean and very good service!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We stayed one night. The recption staff wasnt very nice to us treated us as if we shouldnt be there. was not going to let us in before 2pm as that was the rules. The EPOS machine wasnt working and they couldnt get anyone to fix it she didnt seem to know what to do and asked us for cash. Wanted to know what we were doing for breakfast as we didnt order, I felt it was none of her business.
the room is outdated and compared with other places we stay at not good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed for one night in a Courtyard Room in March 2009 and found it more than suitable accommodation for one night. Although fairly basic and getting on in age, the room was of a good size and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and although located on a major road was suprisingly quiet on a Saturday night. The woman on reception was extremely friendly, and very helpful in providing directions.

I'd definitely recommend this as budget accommodation in Gosford for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I stayed here for business for one night. The decor in the room is very old and ugly. The place has the feel of a bunch of demountables put together next to each other. The walls don't keep in the sound and you can easily hear your neighbours. Be sure to get something to eat nearby before 8pm because everything shuts promptly by then. However the place is clean and everything works fine. No problem with the staff. It cost me $100 for the night.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank OzTraveller88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosford
Ibis Budget Gosford
Gosford Palms Motor Inn
Galaxy Motel
Galaxy Motel
#2 of 5 in Gosford

Been to Gosford Motor Inn? Share your experiences!