“Way overpriced”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Huskisson
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Way overpriced”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed one night and barely could sleep as the walls are too thin and everyone seemed to enjoy slamming doors and talked really loud the whole night.
It is clean and well located but for $145 you could get something better elsewhere
We stayed in Bateman's Bay the weekend after and payed $120 for a beautiful cabin close to the beach which way better furniture, beds, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KitaBear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had gone to Huskisson to camp but due to gale force winds we had to abort. Unable to find any accommodation in our first few attempts at late notice we were able to secure a room here for my wife and I and our two kids. Sure the place is getting very dated now , but we had no complaints, rooms were clean (out of the wind) , good location close to main street, service was very friendly and a good nights sleep was had by all. $145 for a family room. Better value can probably be found, but for what it is I can't fault them.

• Stayed September 2013
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I'm staying at this motel as I type .. I've been here two nights with my lovely wife and we can't fault the place. Initially when I booked the accomadation after reading all the other reviews I was very pleasantly surprised with the phone manner and efficiency of the man on the other end. Upon arrival we were greater in a friendly and pleasant manner .. I gave instructions as to my wishes not to be disturbed etc and these wishes have been strictly adhered too. The room itself (Standard) is reasonably large and clean and I've got absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The close proximity to town and the water are superb and also ample parking provided for cars and vehicles towing boats jet ski's etc...
I'd say to all the critics and detractors who've had negative comments that your entitled to your opinion but I'm thinking maybe your expectations are slightly higher than your intellect.
Overall I've rated it 3 out of five stars and I'm a happy customer .. Everything in the room worked and the grounds were clean and well kept .. The staff were friendly and helpful and I know I'd be more than happy to spend my money and time here again.
I booked accomadation sight unseen as I usually do and after reading all reviews.
To any potentials customers reading this don't let the negative comments put you off staying here as I'm a very pedantic customer who is 100% satisfied.
Great place .. Great part of the world.
A sincere thank you to all staff for your hospitality .. See you all again soon.

Room Tip: Room 25 I was very satisfied.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave C
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stopped here and payed for a room without looking at it. The price was $145 which seemed very high. We climbed the rusted stairway (that had been covered in timber in an attempt to hide the rust holes) to find a room that had old furniture in it that was not very welcoming. The furniture looked like something that came out of an 1970's op-shop. The room also stunk of cheap air freshener and was in NO WAY worth $145. I returned to the office within 5 minutes to ask for a refund. The manager did grant me a refund but not without becoming increasingly aggressive in his manner. He said he was going to deduct a fee for the trouble ($10). I pointedly asked why and he backed down. He said the fee was for having disturbed him by ringing the buzzer twice. (Sorry Mr. Fawlty) As I was leaving he said to me "You better not have (crude word) in the toilet because I'll be really (another crude word) with you if you did". He has graduated from the Basil Fawlty school of customer relations it seems.

We ended up getting back in the car and driving down to Ulladulla and staying at the Ulladulla Guest House for $148 booked through wotif. It was well worth the extra drive (they even through in a welcome glass of champagne and a nightcap by the bed of port!) I will write another review of that experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Keithsutt
JBpossum, Manager at Huskisson Bayside Resort, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
With over 5000 room sales per year we endeavour to provide a Motel where the staff are friendly and helpful as our reviews have indicated, so we are happy to take on board any feedback that is constructive

Travellers are raving about these Huskisson hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed a friday night, so perhaps we paid the weekend-super-premium. The rooms are old, the carpets was just floating on the floor, and the place is in desperate need of some repairs. That said the staff were friendly and very helpful, which was the only saving factor.

if you can stay somewhere else, you probably should.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snabelfisk
JBpossum, Manager at Huskisson Bayside Resort, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
What we offer as previous travellers have indicated is a clean Motel with Queen size beds, LCD TV's and free wifi with friendly helpful service in a great location and at a tariff comparable to other Motels of the same standard in the area.
Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at the Bayside a number of years ago in one of their standard rooms and have just paid another visit. On this occasion I stayed in one of the bigger rooms looking out towards the sea.

This really is a pretty standard seaside motel like many along the coast here. Having said that it has less ambience than many such motels in terms of its external presentation (no garden beds between units etc) - although this is typical of the motels in this otherwise attractive town.. I know we found the standard rooms a bit bleak for this reason and so I haven't used it again for some years.

On this occasion I had one of the first floor rooms overlooking the park and towards the sea through the trees.

This is a much more nicer option. The aspect is pleasant (see photo) and you can enjoy it from a good sized balcony. The room is comfortably enough furnished with a large double bed, it also has a sofa bed. The room is large and spacious. The bathroom has separate shower and bath.

I would consider these front upstairs rooms as a reasonable accommodation option when visiting again although I thought it was a bit pricey for the standard of accommodation and furnishings. I paid $180 for one night ($160ish would feel more appropriate to me). The standard rooms were $110 per night but I really didn't want to stay in one of them again.

This motel really is a convenient location to the town centre and the beach The service at reception was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JeremyPaul99
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I've spent two night in this motel with my mum. It is a bit old, but it is super clean and the shower is absolutely great. After having done a tour in the surrounding area, we agreed that it is the standard level for a Motel. Huskisson is a very small village and there are not that many streets so, even if there is a Owen St (the main street), it is very esay to find the Motel in Bowen St (its parallel!!!). No problem at all in finding the place!!!
It is 1 min walking to a nice white-sanded beach and from the wharf from which dolphins and whales tours depart. Super close to Stonegrill, probably the best restaurant in the area with reasonable prices for a great quality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank motty90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huskisson
Dolphin Shores Hotel
#2 of 6 in Huskisson
Huskisson Beach B&B
Huskisson Beach B&B
#4 of 6 in Huskisson

Been to Huskisson Bayside Resort? Share your experiences!