“Great cruise & hosts”

Jervis Bay Dolphin Watch Cruise
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Huskisson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jervis Bay is home to approx 100 Dolphins and plays host to the migrating Humpback Whales annually. Jervis Bay is also famed for having the Whitest Sand in the World and crystal clear water... basically, Jervis Bay is amazing! Dolphin Watch Cruises, Jervis Bay has won over 30 Tourism Awards and have operated on Jervis Bay for over 20 years. Our Famous Dolphin Watching cruise operates 365 Days a year and has multiple departures and includes a 1.5 hour cruise, expert commentary and Tea / Coffee included.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We booked the extreme tour & had a great time. The hosts were very friendly. Great customer service (cannot remember the skippers name, but both he & Jay were fantastic). We went on the 12:30pm cruise on Tues 19th Nov 2013,
We didn't get to see whales but had a great time on the water regardless, especially out in the open sea.
We seen dolphins on the way back in which was incredible.
We even got a pass with a 12 month expiry date as we didn't see whales on the day. Hopefully we can come back to use it.

All reviews
"added bonus"
"didn't disappoint"
"tail slapping"

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If we had known we would have spent our money elsewhere. The crew were there to get their job over and done with for the day.

2  Thank rwheeler1977
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had visitors over from the UK so I booked a whale watch trip as something special to do with them. When I rang and booked the cruise the woman in the office checked all the tides and booked us in. At no time did she tell me that there was a possibility that the cruise could be cancelled. Two days before we were set to do the cruise I got a phone call to say that they had to cancel the trip because the tides were wrong. I did not understand this as at the time of booking they made a point of checking the tides. I was told that there was no time that the tides would be right, which again I found strange as after looking at the tides, if it wasn't possible to do the cruise at the time we had booked, it would have been suitable earlier in the day. I am guessing that they did not consider a booking for 9 people to be worth doing. I had told our friends, and their children about the cruise so had to turn around and tell them it was cancelled, which was a disappointment to all. I can understand a cancellation due to sever weather conditions, but it was a lovely day and there was no reason that our cruise should have been cancelled. In future I will not waste my time bothering with this company.

3  Thank tripgirl680
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Do ALL you can to avoid this company. extremely rude staff.

prebook our slots from 1 month before for the whale watching tour. we were doing a driving holiday from sydney to melbourne, dropping by jervis bay for just 1 day for this.
all booked and we thought great...turn up on time for the 12.30pm cruise and was told 'we tried to contact you via email last night. we had to cancel and change you to 10.30am cruise...and you missed it'.
I queried why only last night you decide to cancel...and I travelled far to come for it. the answer i get is 'Why Not'.

extremely rude and my guess is they cant get enough people so they just decide to cancel.
totally understand they can change the schedule but the rudeness is not the type i expect.

go to the other one down the road. much better. see my other review.

3  Thank coolxz