“Different dining experience”

Stonegrill
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Huskisson
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Main street of Huskisson and partener to the Vincentia Stonegrill
Australia
“Different dining experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Never had stone-grilled meal at my table so it was something different - steak was quite tender and tasty - wouldn't recommend chicken breast (comes out raw so you let it cook but then tends to dry out). We had the special (appetiser, main, and desert) - was reasonable value. But some of the a la carte dishes looked good too (eg the lamb cutlets). No problem with service, except dessert was a bit slow and we had to remind them.

Visited August 2014

Sydney, Australia
“A true delight!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Showed up on a busy night, almost booked out, but manager was able to fit us in. had a great steak and had lots offun cooking it myself. staff were really friendly and accomodating to our every need having a wait between our main and dessert was no problem. great value and left feling very satisfied. i would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank John_SI2536YB
Jervis Bay, Australia
“Smokey and horrible”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The restraint has soooooooooooo many problems. We booked at 6:30 and arrived to be told we booked for 8 which wasn't true as we had definitely booked for 6:30. I asked to see and saw that the manager had crossed it out. After 1/2 an hour of arguing he finally caved and sat our 4 group party at a 2 person table. We ordered our meals at 7:50 and the waitress kept asking over and over what we wanted and after 10 minutes finally got our ordered. The manager kept giving us a death stare. After waiting 1 and a 1/2 hours it was getting really Smokey to a point I was coughing constantly. The meals came out and I realised I had to cook my own meal. I waited forever for what to cook my own meal. Awful and overpriced really overpriced. Honestly if I wanted to cook my own meal I would have stayed at home. Ordered dessert never came after 1hours worth of waiting. Food is terrible even the chips and salad. Called for check came 1/2 an hour later. Finally pages and the manager who was taking the money and he said" what no tip come on that was our best serving." I left feeling hungry and a little sick from what ate and from the smoke. Don't eat here sad to call it one of my eateries I live near.

2 Thank TravellerIsaac101
Vincentia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I made a booking for 6.30 on a Friday night for three and arrived 5 minutes early and in our arrival the owner was very rude and told me I hadn't booked until 7.30 which was untrue I asked to look at the booking and to my astonishment he had crossed out my booking and then denied doing so, so he could have 6 more people sitting in our seats. I found this completely ridiculous. I was very unsatisfied with the service and can say I will not come back again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank biancajadex
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent experience and memorable night with great food!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and i recently celebrated our anniversary at this restaurant and what an excellent choice we made!We'd never been to a stone grill before. We were seated promptly and given time to order and think through the menu with ease. Once we ordered our entree it was served within 5mins, really quick service, we had these delicious oyster kilpatricks 4 entree and we ordered a mixed grill and eye fillet 4 mains! Very delicious. Its was fun being able to cook your meet to your liking on the stone. Dessert was the best, ordered a delicious sticky date pudding and a tiramisu, these must have been home made, sticky date is a must to order! Over all we had an enjoyable night with surprise sparklers put on our desserts by the friendly staff who knew it was our anniversary. I told the lady it was at the start. Thanks stone-grill!! We will be back!!!