“Noisy and burnt”

Husky Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #22 of 35 Restaurants in Huskisson
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in the main street of Huskisson, Husky Woodfired pizza is known for serving the freshest quality house made products. Our pizzas ranging from traditional pizzas to our speciality gourmet range such as Pork Belly pizza, marinated lamb pizza & much more. You can find our latest info & menu on facebook & Instagram
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We ate in at this restaurant which seemed to have a nice family atmosphere. The tables for 2 were in the middle and not very intimate. There were some families letting their children run around which was a bit off putting; however, if the tables of two were in a different position it may have been a nicer experience.

The 2 pizzas we ordered had nice flavours but one was really burnt around the edges and underneath. There were parts that were inedible and when the waiter came to collect the plates at the end of the meal asked 'how was everything? ' when I mentioned ok except for all of the burnt bits (which there were many left on the plate) he just stared down at them then tuned and walked away. I wouldn't recommend this place to couples...especially during school holidays if you want a quiet meal. The pizzas are expensive and over rated. We definitely won't return.

2  Thank 7AgnesBrown9

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited on the long weekend, we weren't told about the hour + wait for food. The pizza was nice but we wished we had of gone to dominoes across the road or anywhere else.

Staff were friendly but not amazing. The did know they were going to be busy but didn't really accommodate for a full house. If they had let us know we could have gone to the pub for a drink or meal.

This would be nice for a family if they didn't have to wait, I would avoid at all costs if it was ever busy.

Restaurant is not licenced but you can byo.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I usually get my take away pizzas from here. But last week once I had gotten home with my pizzas they did not taste the same as the usually do and my family all agreed. I thought it was a one off thing maybe someone else made\cooked them. However went back again this week and once again did not taste the same. Think it's time to find a new place to get quality pizzas. It's a shame as I usually buy really nice pizzas from this place.

farobianco_13, Manager at Husky Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your pizza
I can assure you that our best pizza makers are still here
Would have loved you to let us know at the time
It's very hard to help fix your problem when we didn't know you had one

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff and service were excellent and the food was delicious. Really good value and definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We are technically holidaying in a "off-peak" period where tourist numbers are low. In fact the night we ordered Pizza it was a week night. We popped in to do takeaway thinking it would be faster. We ordered a sausage pizza and a Hawaiian pizza.
Much to our surprise while there was seemingly no one around the pizza took AGES. When we got home we found the pizza was blackened on the bottom but the cheese on top was barely melted. What the?
Give this one a miss if you like pizza and are accustomed to eating it well cooked and ready in a timely fashion.