“Wonderful stay for family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Bell Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kangaroo Valley
Big Bell Farm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore
“Wonderful stay for family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

They say a picture tells a thousand words and the photo below tells you everything about the wonderful time my children, my wife and I had on the big bell farm. Bruno spared no effort to make us feel at home and introduce my two city kids to the farm animals and the vegetables and fruit he grew. We will not hesitate to recommend this place as a place for family fun and much needed country tranquility. Thanks Bruno for a memorable experience!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Took my 3 children in the last holidays. Stayed 3 nights. Kids had a ball feeding the goats and running round the farm in general. 12 yr old son had a blast helping on the farm.
Accomodation was very neat and tidy. We stayed in the cabin with two bedrooms. Plants of room for the four of us. Very central to lots of activities. We did the mountains, huskison, Nowra and in and around the valley.
Very reasonably priced. Would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it for families.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a fantastic few days at Big Bell Farm. The baby goats were so cute and kept our 6 year old entertained. By the end of the trip she stated "I need a goat!". The tree swing was a hit with our 4 year old. Bruno is a wonderful host and the girls also enjoyed a horse ride and seeing a calf being hand fed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Therese K
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My 5 year old reviewed this as "the best place in the world"!. It's fantastic for kids, and my husband and I had a great time too. Highlights included:

1. Feeding baby goats (16 days old!) named Tom and Jerry
2. Nice wood BBQ for steak dinner
3. Bruno the owner giving our son a ride on Molly the horse
4. Proximity to Kangaroo Valley township
5. Gorgeous views of cow fields and the escarpment
6. Peaceful walk through the farm, picking oranges and lemons from the trees

Cabin was cosy, simply furnished and quiet with a good kitchen so self-catering was a realistic option.

Really good value - about $220 I think for weekend (Friday/Saturday nights). The owner was lovely, helpful and kind. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Emu plains
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I took my two boys there in July and they had a ball feeding the baby goats etc.

We found the cabins nice and tidy and well priced. Bruce the owner was a good host and even took my sons for a ride on his horse for no extra charge.

I would highly recommend this as a good getaway for the family. The only problem is that my boys now want me to buy a farm with goats.

Definitely will return soon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We have been lucky enough to stay here several times and always look forward to coming down. The farm is very cute and there was 4 newborn kids (goats) which our children just adored. The owners are always very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Whether that is free horse rides for the children or making sure the gas heater is on when you arrive. I am sure we will be back again soon.

• Stayed July 2013
Taree, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by an ever friendly owner. Offered us free oranges and lemons from his trees and gave us a run down on the property, including the mystical creek that runs through it. The cabin was extremely fitted out. Gas heater and also a small electric blow heater was provided, seeing we stayed in the middle of winter. Electric blankets provided. Kitchen was fully equipped, with nothing in short supply. Tv and dvd player also. The only thing I would say isn't up to par, would be the fold out sofa bed. The sofa itself was very uncomfortable, and I could image the bed would be also...but fortunately we didn't have to use the bed in the sofa.
Our dog felt at home in the cabin and was highly amused with the goats and cows.
I think I'd spend time there again for another short visit like the two nights we just spent there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kangaroo Valley
#4 of 9 in Kangaroo Valley
Bellawongarah at Berry
Bellawongarah at Berry
#1 of 1 in Bellawongarah

Been to Big Bell Farm? Share your experiences!