“Beautiful location but....”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kangaroo Valley
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful location but....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights for a wedding. Great golf and great location. Unfortunately our cabin wasn't. Dirty floor and carpet, a used towel was hanging behind the bathroom door, the dishcloth was badly stained, the blinds were old and ripped and there was a wasp nest in the loungeroom. We were charged more than we were quoted and when I sent an email to discuss our complaints we didn't even get a reply. Very bad customer service if you ask me.and a real shame because it is a top spot.

Room Tip: Don't stay in cabin 32.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank george2539

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Played golf a month ago in Perth with a friend and he told me how challenging and beautiful the golf course at Kangaroo Valley is. I had some spare time on a business trip and decided to take the two hour drive to the valley. What a beautiful entrance down the mountain and into the valley. Almost worth going just for that drive alone. As I was driving I thought how great and challenging the terrain was for a golf course, and I was not disappointed. No two holes are the same. I love my golf, but I could not have imagined some of the holes that we played. Unless you are a fitness fanatic, take a buggy. The greens were slow but true and standing on each tee brought a smile to your face, thinking what shall I do here?
The resort has a rustic charm and a few kilometres out from the resort was a shop selling the best pies in Australia, and they weren't bad either. The accomodation, no 28, was perfect. It had great views out over the golf course and a very comfortable bed. One of the best showers I have experienced as well.
Looking forward to coming back for a more substantial visit. The smiling face of Steve in the golf shop is a warm welcome.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clyde B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to visit kangaroo valley for her bday weekend on very short notice. From the time of enquiry to being setup in the most beautiful deluxe 2 bedroom lodge must have been 1 hour. Stephen, the general manager, was absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. He set us up perfectly and even helped us out with a good deal on 18 holes!' We and 3 other couples will be back within the next 2 months! I highly recommend the club for a weekend getaway with friends or a romantic escape from the city combined with an exceptional golf course! Thank you Stephen! You made our weekend!

See you soon!

Niel

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the resort as we were attending a wedding locally, we stayed in a delux chalet and it was excellent. High on a hill great views over the course and valley. The Kangaroos we plentiful in the evenings and wombats too. Staying with my partner and 3 grown up daughters the 3 bathrooms were just great. As we were at events over the 3 days I id not get a chance to swing a club, but the course looked a treat and challenging with many raised greens on the hillsides.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I would like to say to Steve ,thank you very much for your friendly and excellent service.
Spent 2 nights and I loved the place ,I will sure comeback again but this time I want a villa.
The setting is great spectacular views the cabin had a DVD and some Astra channels worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had a fabulous stay here to celebrate my husbands birthday over the long weekend. We were greeted and hosted by Steven, a professional and attentive bookings manager (who also makes really good coffee) We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade to a 2bedroom villa & bottle of champagne to help us celebrate. Our room was gorgeous and cosy, with amazing views over the valley. Beds were comfortable. The included breakfast was delicious (we had the hot options; bacon, eggs etc) and far better than most. There's plenty of wildlife about we got up close with a few wombats & also saw kangaroos, ducks, rabbits & even an echidna. Location was great, close to Main Street of the valley. Perfect romantic getaway for us & would also suit a family holiday. Highly recommend a visit & staying here:)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Roslyn C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

On way back from a great golfing weekend with 9 lads. Accommodation very good, cabins clean, breakfast good and meal on sat night in local bistro was excellent. Golf course was well kept in stunning scenery. We will make trip an annual event as its a great location and good value.........keep up the good work.

• Stayed September 2013
Crystal Creek Meadows Luxury Cottages & Spa Retreat
Wombatalla Guesthouse
Wombatalla Guesthouse
#2 of 9 in Kangaroo Valley

Been to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort? Share your experiences!