“just awsome”

Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kangaroo Valley
Reviewed 12 May 2014

beautiful location & atmosphere, very clean, just rightly equipped, spacious rooms, big windows & stunning view, friendly & welcoming staff
what else can you ask for? we had a perfect weekend & will definitely come back!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anat W

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked this accommodation as part of a weekend of golf with our national affiliated golf association. We were pleasantly surprised when we were offered an upgrade from our 1 bedroom cabin to a 2 bedroom en suite villa located above the golf course. The accommodation was very clean, well presented and extremely warm and comfortable. Others in our group were less complimentary about their rooms and we suspect that there can be quite significant differences depending on the location, type and age of the numerous cabins/villas available at the resort.

Room Tip: From our experience we would recommend one of the 2 or 3 bedroom villas and staying with friends to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GreyGolfers
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Two of us stayed one night recently and had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Kangaroo Valley is a beautiful place, 3 hours drive from Sydney. We were upgraded to a large, 3 bedroom lodge which was modern and well supplied with utensils, etc. for self-catering. It was in an elevated position with a splendid view across the valley. The bedding was clean and comfortable. Everything worked. The golf course is challenging but well laid out and well kept. I have seen some negative reviews of this accommodation recently. There are some 80 huts and villas, so there may be some variation in the quality but from our point of view we found the place most satisfactory.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the lodge actually owned by the Golf Course.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TheRoadLeast
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed in a villa advertised at premium prices. The location was beautiful. Since the villas are so far from town we expected enough equipment to be self contained. We bought fresh fillet steak and the rest. There was NO barbecue, frying pan, no baking tray and only three aluminium pots. Also no bottle opener, foil for the grill, dishwasher detergent etc. We had a cold meal. Next night I asked for pan and we're given the attached photo. It was nice of the staff to try to help but I don't think they would use the pans they offered us. The second bedroom had a terrible smell, like urine from animals and was wet from the rain? There was no extension cord for the bedside light. The beds were comfortable. Since our friends left after one night we used the other room to avoid the stench. The deck was filthy. Service at reception was adequate and impersonal. The golf was fine.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Magda011
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Despite being set in a beautiful location, the villas here are disturbingly dirty and unkept. The staff are rude, and have no customer service skills, including the manager. We stayed there for a wedding under the recommendation of the bride and groom. When we arrived and went to use the toilet in the ensuite, it was completely soiled. Not something that could have been missed by the cleaners.

One of the beds was missing sheets, which we didn't realise until after returning from the wedding at 2am. The doonas did not have covers, and were badly stained. It felt discusting sleeping in their beds. After a long night of sleeping in disgusting sheets I wanted a shower. The hot water in the shower did not work.

We made a complaint about the conditions to a staff member that morning. He did absolutely NOTHING about it, and said he would leave a note for the manager to call me on the Monday. No manager works weekends. When he looked at our room package, he told me the nightly rate was $150 less than what I had paid on the phone.

I received no phone call and had to chase this up myself. The manager had no solution and only told me the things the staff on the weekend SHOULD have done. Such as provide us a different room. She was rude in her response and basically told me there was nothing more she could do. She told me we had already been given a largely discounted price and then quoted me a different figure for the price of the room again!!

My partner then phoned to continue the complaint. Again, the manager was rude and said there was nothing she could do. She said she would need to talk to the owners before considering any refund. She then would not call back and ignore our calls. After numerous messages, she asked her assistant to call us and advise we could receive a refund of $60.

This place provides you less than dormitory standards at 5 star prices. I feel totally ripped off, and completely disappointed.

This resort is set in a very beautiful area, so I recommend visiting, but stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Audrey F
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights for a wedding in Kangaroo Valley. The golf course itself has a great layout but the condition of the cabin was terrible. The toilet was disgustingly dirty and by the amount of scrubbing I had to do with the brush I would say it was a few days old. Our shower had no hot water and the duvet had no cover (had numerous stains). The pullout couch had no sheets and when we went to reception to report all this they said sorry and offered the manager to call us when she was back on Monday. The manager then called to say she would speak to the owners and get back to us which she failed to do. I believe there was another couple from the same wedding which had a similar experience. Its a shame because it is a great town.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed at the resort for 2 days in Early March 2014

Enjoyed it immensley. Found the staff to be extremely helpful, the accomodation (2 bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms clean & bed comfortable.The golf course was challenging & I could not have completed the course without the cart.
Had dinner in the town. On the drive back to the resort, saw at least 5 wombats either on the road or one the side of the road. - so take the warning signs seriously.
All in all a fantastic couple of days.!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Quest Nowra
#1 of 8 in Nowra
10 mi away
Pleasant Way River Lodge

Been to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort? Share your experiences!