“Kangaroo Valley”

Flavours of the Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to the country and enjoy an indulgent, gourmet Foodies experience in the most beautiful Valley in Australia. Flavours of the Valley offers a unique range of culinary activities in picturesque Kangaroo Valley. Focusing on quality, locally grown produce, our Mediterranean Cooking Classes will tantalise your tastebuds with the flavours of Italy, Morocco and Spain. We are open by appointment only
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Have just had the pleasure of driving through the Kangaroo Valley area of New South Wales.
The drive is a very windey path (so take it slow). But the views are spectacular. The whole area is little towns like Bowral, Robertson, Berry and many others. All offer something special.
Many art galleries, little cafes - all offering homemade cakes, scones, and delicious lunches.
Can't believe it has taken me so long to find it.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

My husband bought the foodies trail and cooking class for my birthday, so I had no expectations of what was to come. We have had many trips to Kangaroo Valley over the years, but have never been to the places shown to us by Toni & Rob. Their tour was very informative of what the valley has to offer, as well as the farmers there. We were most welcomed wherever we went, with no pressure to buy anywhere. We had a beautiful lunch at a local cafe and were given "treats" along the way such as local yogurt & cheese. The next day we did the Italian Cooking Class, which is held at Toni & Robs own home in a beautiful part of the valley. It was also very hands on and informative using local produce.

1  Thank dipcat11
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Had a fantastic day with Toni and Rob from Flavours of the Valley, visiting several local boutique Kangaroo Valley farms and a vineyard, with a rambling degustation lunch where we had 1 course at each location for a total of 6 courses.
Toni & Rob are great at conveying the stories of the different products and locations, and giving tips and tricks for hassle-free delicious cooking.
The short cooking demo at the beginning of the tour was an enticing glimpse into what Toni & Rob's cooking classes are like - fun, easy-going and informative.
I will definitely be recommending Flavour of the Valley cooking classes to my friends! And I think I have found a new favourite location for weekend retreats - Kangaroo Valley is fantastic!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Another great Flavours of the Valley Experience - the Food and Wine Trail. I'd loved my Italian cooking class with Toni and Rob and returned with a group of friends. Once again, it was an outstanding experience.
Toni and Rob have the wonderful touch to be able to inform, inspire and manage their guests while having us all feel as though we've spent the day with friends - granted ones who are very organised, love and know their environment, and are thoroughly knowledgable about the history, the people and the food of the valley. I took a group of friends and we were picked up from our accommodation and taken through the beautiful, beautiful valley - it has such variety and so many glorious vistas - to meet and talk with many interesting producers( who were all charming, committed to their production, informative, not just selling stuff), see their farms/vineyards/gardens and processes as well as sampling their quality local, organic products and goodies. And a lovely lunch at Bistro 146 - again with lots of local produce. It was not at all about being bussed from one produce store/stall to another, but truly a tour of the flavours and people of the valley. Enthusiastically recommended. Thanks Toni and Rob.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Toni and Robert are a truly energetic and inspirational couple. Having just spent 2 days with them doing a food and wine tour and then an Italian cooking class we cannot recommend them highly enough. The instruction, the enthusiasm, the fun, the food (oooh la la) and the lovely people we met on the day all added to making it such a wonderful experience. We'll be back to enjoy more time and learning with this dynamic duo and hope to see the other lovely foodies that we enjoyed company with on the day.