“Nice family atmosphere yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zorba's Restaurant

Zorba's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Karuah
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice family atmosphere yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely restaurant great family cooking. My friends and I had the $40 try everything special and the amount of food was more than enough we had to take home a doggy bag. The food was so tasty arithmetic flavours, the service was excellent we had a fantastic night.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank suz08j

Colo Vale
“Fresh food great flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Well well well this little hidden Greek treasure is a pleasure to eat in. Situated in an old service station that once was a thriving petrol stop before the bypass was put in.
The Greek husband and wife team are awesome. Great service, authentic flavours and loads of food for next to nothing prices.
I've come here today for lunch with my parents for Mother's Day. Three courses for only $30per head. Food grown in the gardens just outside the door, you can't get fresher than that!!!

Don't let the facade of this old place fool you. Come in and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kezby
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is an absolutely excellent little restaurant, run by a greek ex-pat couple, who are extraordinary cooks, and lovely,friendly people. I went for a birthday dinner, and was extremely happy with everything, from the wines (not a huge range, but all excellent) to the wonderful food, which was delicious, and in large enough servings for the hungriest man (my father, haha). The service was very friendly and welcoming, and the staff were knowledgeable and courteous.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it as a good food, good value establishment, and I can't wait till next time!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Laura M
Sydney
“Warm , welcoming and great value food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

When we bought a local weekender , we thought we be doing lots of home cooking.

My mistake , hidden on the south side of the Karuah , in an old servo is this unpretentious Greek offering .

Very friendly staff . The wine list is small but everything on it was tempting.

The food was full of flavor . One of the specials was my favorite Greek dishes , moussaka . One of the nicest I've had , not to heavy, just right. However , having had a mouthful of my wife chicken in a white wine cream , I was having second thoughts......

Highly recommended

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank CliffVicki
Adelaide, Australia
“Good Greek food friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

It's worth taking a little drive or a longer stroll out of town to dine here. Good food at reasonable restaurant prices. A family run business that deserves to do well.

Visited April 2013