“Great getaway from Sydney”

The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kiama
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
TheSebelKiama, General Manager at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed mid may for a few nights. Had a balcony room with buffet breakfast. The breakfast was amazing. Lots of variety. Staff are very helpful and kind. The view from the breakfast room was amazing one of the mornings we were lucky enough to see whales. Room was in great condition and very clean. Bed was comfy. Overall I think they are overpriced for what it is but luckily we got a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from rail way as I did and they were more then accomodating.

Dear Jayde D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

I will share your comments with our team as it is only by receiving this feedback that we are able to improve on our offer and service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Lovely Hotel with beautiful staff. Room was larger than expected with a balcony, bathroom roomy and spotless and the bed was very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep. The staff did everything they could to make this a memorable night away. The seating in the eating area was uncomfortable and not enough chairs with backs on them, but in saying that the food was excellent and at reasonable prices. the buffet breakfast ended up being more expensive than dinner.

Dear Glynis K,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent experience at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama.

At Accor Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We are pleased to advise we have reviewed the furniture in the Blue Diamond and are making changes shortly.

Once again thank you for your patronage and this valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our last night of a 9 night trip starting in Darling Harbour and down and back up the south coast. This is a perfect place to stay - it is an easy 90 min trip back to sydney airport. We only stayed one night and were upgraded to Room 101 - which was a lovely room. The reception staff were fantastic - a very high quality of service. Car Parking is directly underneath and really easy access. The view of the harbour from our room was stunning. Room was quite big, along with the bathroom which was one of the best we have seen in a hotel. Beautiful soaps etc provided. Sleep quality was also high class - very comfortable. Thank you for a brilliant stay - the best of our south coast trip.

Room Tip: Can highly recommend Room 101
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GCPurple,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama on your trip of the South Coast. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here and couldn't have asked for better accommodation . Bed comfortable, large room, well appointed bathroom, fantastic breakfast with a stunning view . Charming staff everywhere. Spotlessly clean. Thanks Sebel for a lovely night!

Stayed: May 2014

Dear rickyau1,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Sebel in Kiama for 1 night. We were upgraded to a studio room which was nice. Our room was on level 2 and overlooked the road and the carpark entry to the hotel.

Pros
The staff were very friendly and accommodating
The underground carpark was convenient
The location is close to shops and restaurants
The room was large and clean

Cons
The sound proofing in the rooms was not great. Unfortunately we had the very noisy neighbours and we could hear every laugh, conversation and tv show on their television.

We also had a terrible experience where our neighbour decided to (somehow) unlock the dividing door and let him self into our room. He burst straight into our room and had good look around. I was in bed and it really startled me. My husband was able to approach him quickly and asked him what on earth he was doing and the neighbor seemed very embarrassed and did leave without argument. Why he tried to enter our room from his room is beyond me. The staff apologized and offered not to charge us the normal 1.5% surcharge upon check out - however I felt we should have been compensated more. Guests should not be able to enter other guests rooms under no circumstances. If we were not there - who knows if expensive items such as jewelry and ipads would have been there when we returned. Having someone break into our room is completely unacceptable. I am so thankful my husband was in the room with me and I was not alone when a random man entered my room.

For that reason alone, I will never return to the Sebel Kiama. I did not feel secure in our room after the other guest entered our room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrstraveller_123123

Dear mrstraveller_123
Firstly please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We have 8 different room types within the hotel each with unique features which affects the rates we charge for them. Examples of these are balconies, ocean views, kitchenettes, bedding configurations etc.
Kind regards,
Sebel Harbourside Kiama

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiama
Mercure Gerringong Resort
#3 of 3 in Kiama
Kiama Shores Motel
Kiama Shores Motel
#3 of 11 in Kiama

Been to The Sebel Harbourside Kiama? Share your experiences!