“Really enjoyable”

The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kiama
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Room was large and comfortable, clean and staff were helpful. We had a room with the balcony overlooking the railway tracks, park and shopping street in the distance. Parking was a plus as a lift to the third floor where we stayed was just next to our room.
Breakfast was good but the hot food was not warm. The view from the dining area was great and as we were there in rather bad weather the scenery was quite spectacular with the waves on the water and the rain coming in from the sea in gusts.
We had most of our evening meals in the dining area as well and they were tasty and plentiful.
When settling our account with credit card we were advised that a 1.5% credit card transaction fee of the total bill applied. This is certainly a big turn off for me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
TheSebelKiama, General Manager at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Miriam D,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ali Hnaien

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel is set back just off a little harbour behind the main street in Kiama.It’s has an adjoining historical, school house built of beautiful stone as part of it’s charm. The shape of the hotel itself, restaurants and lobby have rather a quirky layout and you will need to go through the lobby area to get to the restaurant facilities from the rooms – the breakfast area has lovely views out to the little harbour and black sand beach.

Our room was a studio with a mini kitchenette, enough utensils to have a meal or breakfast in the room. Some rooms have a small balcony (ours didn’t) but we had views of the very old trees from our window. The king bed was comfortable with a decent sized TV to watch, a couple of chairs and a table plus a sofa lounge. Good amenities were provided in the fairly large bathroom, which had a shower over bath.

Breakfast was high quality with enough choices to please any palette and overall we would return to the Sebel in a heartbeat. Kiama is one of those small towns that have a few restaurants, many cafes and a few basic shops catering to both the holiday crowd and the residents. The surrounding coastline and proximity to other quaint towns and natural heritage areas makes staying here a winner.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies with water views, ask or pay the extra for a nice outlook.

Dear Globebugs,

I appreciate your comments in regards to your recent stay at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama.

I will share your comments with our team as it is only by receiving this feedback that we are able to improve on our offer and service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on Friday night. It was purchased as an Internet deal which included the nights stay plus breakfast.
Parking was available at no cost which was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The room was meticulously clean and quiet and has the usual complimentary tea and coffee.
We were a little disappointed as the room however had no view whatsoever, overlooking the residences across the road. We were hoping for a room with a nice view but were on level 1. The balcony was almost on street level so not private.
Glad we did not pay for the breakfast as it was very ordinary. The food was not hot at all...bacon undercooked...in fact it was less than ordinary.
Would I stay here again? Yes...the location is perfect and that in itself would lure me here. Next time though I will dine elsewhere. Perhaps scoopon and groupon deals get the ordinary rooms but we did book it well in advance.
Congrats to the staff...you were delightful.

Room Tip: Skip breakfast at the hotel. There are plenty of nice places just a stones throw away at a fraction...
2  Thank suem56

Dear Suem56,

Thank you for the feedback you provided upon checkout regarding your recent experience at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama.

Firstly please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Whilst I am extremely proud of the vast majority of our guest reviews, I am also grateful for feedback when we fall short of our high standards, as it is only by receiving this that we are able to improve.

I have read the comments you and understand your point of view. I do agree that we need to work hard to get breakfast to a truly memorable standard however I am confident the food and beverage team I have in place will get it there.

Whilst I cannot turn back the clock, I am certainly committed to ensuring you receive total satisfaction in the future. If you plan to return to Kiama, please contact me directly so that I may organise your accommodation booking with the best available rate and ensure all facets of your stay are in line with the high standard we strive to deliver.

Once again thank you for your patronage and this valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed one night on level 1 in a balcony room with residentional views. The room was large and spotlessly clean with a comfortable king bed and large screen LCD TV. The bathroom was large with a shower over the bath and a lovely range of toiletries. Our room was almost on street level. All the staff were friendly and gave excellent customer service. We had drinks in the bar which was crowded and noisy on a Friday night but had fantastic views of Kiama Harbour. A buffet breakfast for two was included in our rate. Although the variety of breakfast provided looked good, the "hot" food in the servers was cold and the bacon was undercooked. The function room used for the breakfast buffet has beautiful views of Kiama Harbour and we were able to watch the surfers riding the waves in the harbour due to the wild wet weather.

Room Tip: Beware you may have residential or railway views as rooms with harbour views are limited.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Agro_Sydney,

Firstly please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your breakfast.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed one night on level two with a king bed. Very comfy bed and nice balcony and mini bar.
The restaurant was good but as a bar as well we waited over an hour for our meal which is excessive in my mind. When it finally came was ok salmon and a chicken curry.
Overall was good and we had a great stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TheSebelKiama, General Manager at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Tim J,

Thankyou for the feedback you provided egarding your recent experience at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama.

Firstly please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your dinner at The Sebel Harbourside Kiama.

It was disappointing to hear about your experience in our F&B outlets and I have discussed your points in detail the Food and Beverage Manager and Chef.

Whilst I cannot turn back the clock, I am certainly committed to ensuring you receive total satisfaction in the future. If you plan to return to Kiama, please contact me directly so that I may organise your accommodation booking with a favourable rate and ensure all facets of your stay are in line with the high standard we strive to deliver.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have just returned from a weekend away in Kiama staying at the Sebel.
This is not the first time we have stayed at this hotel and it won’t be the last. Location is close to town (easy walk) and the hotel is well appointed, clean and well run.
Staff are friendly and helpful and rooms very comfortable. The bar / bistro on-site is great, with good food and a good atmosphere.
There is not much else you can say about the Sebel other that it is the perfect place to stay when in Kiama ..

Dear Bob_the_Aussie,

Ali Hnaien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiama
Mercure Gerringong Resort
#3 of 3 in Kiama
Kiama Shores Motel
Kiama Shores Motel
#3 of 11 in Kiama

Been to The Sebel Harbourside Kiama? Share your experiences!