“Nice food, but a little ordinary.”
Review of House Of Canton Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It has an extensive menu and the food is nice. We were there at a busy time, which meant that service was a little slow. The dining room tended to echo, which meant that loudmouths at other tables were somewhat annoying. Good for takeaway!

There are newer reviews for House Of Canton Restaurant

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Forget the previous negative reviews of this fine Chinese restaurant,my family and I have been dining there since 1996 with had not one unsatisfactory meal at all.
The service is good and the meals has always been fantastic!

Shame about whats been happening (please read the previous review and you understand why the town is so outraged over this) and it will sad to see this place go.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant since 1993 and I must say the food is incredible! It's been the same chef for over twenty years now and after he bought the restaurant 4 years ago, the place has never looked better! But I am absolutely disgusted at the fact that Paul Wong, the landlord of the building, won't renew the lease for this family to continue on with their successful business! This restaurant has been praised many many times for their superb food and outstanding staff so I'm actually really pissed off at Paul for doing this. I hope he realises that after this restaurant shuts down, no one in Kiama is going to be happy about that. No one. I hope that Ben and his family find another place in Kiama that's owned by TRUSTWORTHY people so they can continue on serving traditional and amazing Chinese for all of us in Kiama!

4  Thank Tayla H
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Had a quick lunch. $12.50 for a massive plate of any main meal with a side of fried rice.
Nice food aswell. Inside was a little outdated but the service was good and good came out fast..

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We visited the restaurant during a trip away from Sydney. Last time we visited we only had entrees - our choice - but this time we got a mixed entree and billy kee chicken and rice. Most of the entree was nice, except the prawn cutlets which were (strangely) quite hard and inedible. I was surprised as the rest of the food, the service, the decor and staff were all lovely. I loved the chicken. It's centrally located in Kiama and there's plenty of parking nearby. It was a Tuesday night and we didn't book but we didn't have to, it's a large restaurant. They are also licensed.