“Quite a nice place to stay”

Paradiso Resort Kingscliff
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We have just spent the long weekend at this resort with my husband and young son of 13.
This is a very smart Resort with lovely surrounds but, as the signs say here and there due to renovations thank you for your patience, it is in need of a bit of TLC in places.In our room for example there were a few things that were disappointing to see. The towel rail feel off the hooks - no knobs on the ceiling fan switches in both bedrooms - there were holes in the blankets provided (why not donate to the Salvos and buy new ones?) - chips off the wood furniture throughout the unit and I must say the lounge suit was most unappealing. I think it was meant to be a bed and hey a lounge suit as well with it's timber panels for the sides and the two single chairs were matching. The rooms were so roomy and very well laid out especially the Kitchen.
My son went for a swim at the pool which was lovely and then off to try the spa which was in a beautiful secluded spot. There was a large water feature besides the pool also with 2 pipes coming up from the bottom but not doing anything...not sure what that was all about...work in progress I suppose.
I must say too the manger,over the phone and face to face, was one of the friendliest to deal with...thank you.
Everything was provided, especially in the Kitchen, and all in all we had a very comfortable,pleasant stay.
My husband and I could see where they are going with the renos and it should look beautiful when ALL is finished.
We would stay there again and the very friendly Manager more than made up for the other issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MontyRose

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I absolutely loved the paradiso resort! The staff were extremely friendly, apartments were spacious, clean and modern and emitted a sense of a relaxed and stylish beach lifestyle. The location is sublime and close to family friendly shops, restaurants and parks. Only downside is that I had to leave and the bee on balcony. Killer views too!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annforest
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at Paridiso numerous times over the last 3 years and absolutely love it. I have always stayed in one of the apartments with a roof top and have enjoyed nothing more than sitting in the spa of a Saturday afternoon watching the sunset over the ocean. The view is magical and in my opinion Paridiso has the most ideal location in Kingscliffe, right behind the surf club and close to everything. I have always found the apartments to be clean, modern and spacious. The managers are lovely, friendly people and remember me each time I come to stay. This is one of my favourite places on the south coast to holiday!

Room Tip: rooftop apartments are amazing
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

we had stayed at paradiso a few years ago and it was pretty run down but recently had a weekend there for a wedding and what a difference.
All repainted and replaced verandah shutters made a huge difference. walked to the wedding at bowls club and didn't have to use the car once. really great weekend

Room Tip: ours was big and overlooked pool area
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jon t
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Paradiso must be Latin for bad place on earth

We had booked in to last Thursday the 22 3 2012

Top floor Great view of the Sea , My Wife Karen was looking forward to a long weekend away as she works real hard , It was for the Australian Long board titles in Kingscliff ,

ON entering the unit , Karen Noticed how dirty the Glass Windows and glass Tables were , I thought she was being a bit fussy , after a couple of hours of being in the unit , She said look at the bottom of your feet , they were black ,,,impregnated with dirt from the floor , , at one stage I was looking for my shoes I looked under the bed , holy , it looked like it had not been cleaned in a year , I told my wife , Not to worry about it as we are on holidays and lets relax , This was the first day ,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 24 March 2012

These were the 2 worst nights sleep of my life. I came away to have a nice relaxing holiday by the sea and was kept awake by teenagers drinking and carrying on 2 nights in a row. The room was a mess. Under the bed, glass and floor hadn't been cleaned for god knows how long. I think my sheets weren't fresh either. Management was reluctant to do anything about it nor compensate us. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Brittany D
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We arrived without a booking and were given friendly service. When we asked if we could view a room we were shown a beautiful room and told it was not the room we would get but pretty much the same. It was lovely so we decided to stay for 2 nights @ $470. We went out for lunch and then went to our room. Upon entry it smelt awful, the glass water jug in the fridge was broken (fridge was too cold), front blind was broken and rolled up and put in the corner, large lounge picture was on the floor (leaning on the wall), the furniture was extremely shabby and the apartment needed a really good clean. The benches and tables etc had dust and crumbs on them, multiple stains on the delapidated furniture. There was sand on the floor and furniture and our feet soon became filthy if not wearing shoes. The bed was in a similar condition and creaked and moaned every time you moved. The ceiling fans have rusted and have sprayed large amounts of rusty spray all around the rooms from previous use (no way would I turn those on!). Our room was run down and filthy - the only similarity to the one we originally saw was the layout. The duty manager gave us a bottle of wine and a box of Roses chocolates after we showed him the jug, the blind and picture. What a shame about the room because the location is fantastic, great restaurants/takeaways, beautiful beach etc. We will stay at the caravan park across the road next time.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room you see before check in is the room you will be paying for!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank troopy0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscliff
Santai Retreat
#2 of 3 in Cabarita Beach
Marine Boutique Apartments
Marine Boutique Apartments
#4 of 5 in Kingscliff

Been to Paradiso Resort Kingscliff? Share your experiences!