“Great dive in a stunning location”
Review of Howea Divers

Howea Divers
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Two years ago we did a "resort dive" in the lagoon with Howea. This inspired us to get an open water qualification and come back. Howea are one of 2 PADI dive operators on LHI (sheds are side by side), but Howea are the longest established. Brian's approach is relaxed, but professional. His hire gear is in good shape.

Brian took us out to a great dive site at the Admiralty Islands, ideal for us relatively novice divers but offering a lot to the more experienced diver who was also on the trip - 18m in an area with lots of coral and fish. Lots of "pretties" to keep me interested. On the day there was minimal current and 25m visibility. Our divemaster for the trip was a young guy by the name of Billy, who was excellent - very helpful.

The trip out past Malabar was interesting as well, with lots of seabirds around the cliffs. We were a little lucky with the sea - the next day the sea was rougher and we were told they went to a location closer to the lagoon.

A great dive with a capable operator.

1  Thank ActRegular_traveller

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Brian and his crew sure know where to go to get the best diving around the Island. We had fantastic visibility and minimal current / surge for all of our dives (despite the giant swell). The Admiralty Islands have incredible coral and sea-life, all at only 15-19m! Thanks for the trip Brian, we'll be back for Ball's Pyramid next time.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Howea Divers is owned and run by Brian Busteed who has been in charge of the business for 21 years. When diving with your family you want the reassurance that years of experience bring. Brian taught all my 4 children to dive when they were between 10 and 13 years old and they are all now extremely competent divers. Brian's knowledge of island dive sites is unparalleled and having logged over 300 dives all over the world I nominate Lord Howe as my favourite place to dive and Howea Divers as my favourite worldwide dive shop.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I started my experience with Howea Diving by emailing a few times before we left for L/Howe.Brian answered my questions promptly so I was able to plan before i arrived .I had a message from him when I arrived and met him the first morning (you don't want to waste any good diving weather) I dived the Admiralty Is and Balls Pyramid, very lucky. Even before /i left home I knew I had 20% chance of diving Balls P (due to weather and bigger boat charter opportunity) and Brian was upfront but kept me informed and after I had written it off he called in early morning after a thunder storm overnight and said it was on! It was gloomy day and a lumpy sea but well worth the trip. Plenty of schools of Kingy,s,trevally, shark, turtle, crayfish and a Ballina anglefish .No other dive charter went this day .He and his young crew are very warm and friendly and i felt very welcome. I have dived all around the world and this company is up with the best of them. Their communication before and during the day means you can plan your trip a big plus when time is short .

1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband enjoyed a dive with this group. He was able to hire all his gear and could also have hired an underwater camera capable of dive depths. Weather conditions weren't great so they dove near Admiralty Islands. He saw kingfish, etc and not much coral. He had to cut it short because he had trouble equalising and hurt his ears. They were well organised and safety conscious.

1  Thank LAR60