To celebrate retirement I took my two directors and their partners to Arajilla fro the week end and now regret not staying the week. I last visited Lord Howe island around 1962 arriving in Sunderland flying boat and had distant memories of a beautiful place and to be honest it is even better now.
The resort is beautiful with rooms having a lounge area upstairs and a bedroom and bathroom downstairs containing every amenity you would wish for.
The food is delightful, the wine list has a great selection and of course the pre dinner drinks are a great way to start the night. You could not ask for better staff and the host Bill is a pleasure to talk to.
We will all return without doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm and friendly service and laid back ambience, Arajilla Retreat encapsulates the very essence of Lord Howe Island, offering guests a haven of tranquillity and peace. Arajilla is perfectly positioned on the northern sheltered end of the Island’s lagoon just behind Old Settlement Beach, where meandering pathways lead through native gardens to the beach, to its serene Ayurvedic Spa luxurious suites and renowned restaurant. Explore the extraordinary scenery and wildlife of World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island. Walk bush trails, climb mountains, swim, surf, snorkel, fish, cycle around the Island, play golf beneath the mountains, take it easy on a deserted beach, enjoy a massage or treatment, savour fine food and wine. And it’s all less than a two hour flight from Sydney or Brisbane. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arajilla Retreat - Lord Howe Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arajilla Retreat Hotel Lord Howe Island
- Arajilla Retreat Lord Howe Island