I really wanted to like this place even before I arrived. I fell off my bike and badly hurt my arm the weekend before we were due to stay. Although it was a long weekend and I only wanted to know what the cost would be, they insisted on changing our booking without any cost at all. I was dubious about the all inclusive deal re meals but it really works well on Lord Howe. Especially the lunch packs. They do really good quality food without trying too hard or over feeding you and the service was great. Australia always struggles to compete on service but these guys really did good service without losing the Australian touch. The location was beautiful and the extras like bikes and snorkelling gear and recommendations really helped. 2 minutes to the beach and turtles! Would love to do it all again for longer. The only downside was the spa. Third rate massage and expensive. You couldn't book together and I thought they were going to deep fry me they used so much hot oil. No options other than Ayuvedic and I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to mean fish and chips - which I was pretty close to by the end of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm and friendly service and laid back ambience, Arajilla Retreat encapsulates the very essence of Lord Howe Island, offering guests a haven of tranquillity and peace. Arajilla is perfectly positioned on the northern sheltered end of the Island’s lagoon just behind Old Settlement Beach, where meandering pathways lead through native gardens to the beach, to its serene Ayurvedic Spa luxurious suites and renowned restaurant. Explore the extraordinary scenery and wildlife of World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island. Walk bush trails, climb mountains, swim, surf, snorkel, fish, cycle around the Island, play golf beneath the mountains, take it easy on a deserted beach, enjoy a massage or treatment, savour fine food and wine. And it’s all less than a two hour flight from Sydney or Brisbane. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arajilla Retreat - Lord Howe Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arajilla Retreat Hotel Lord Howe Island
- Arajilla Retreat Lord Howe Island