My daughter and I ended up spending 4 nights on Lord Howe Island, as Cyclone Ita had damaged Lizard Island. The gods were looking upon us as we have now discovered this little piece of heaven. Arajilla Lodge provide an outstanding experience in that they think of everything - a beach umbrella, a backpack big enough to fit the provided fins and mask, a packed lunch if you are out on a walk, good bicycles, big swimming towels etc etc... The location of the hotel is fabulous in that it is in a secluded palm and banyan forest and yet so close to the little town and dive shops. The dining is an Uber dining experience, the chefs provide variety every day and they manage to achieve a taste sensation and the serve the exact size portions, so you don't feel that you need more or less! All staff members were helpful, cheerful and welcoming. Lord Howe has something for everyone- cycling, good walks, secluded beaches, good coral for diving and snorkelling .All in all a fabulous experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm and friendly service and laid back ambience, Arajilla Retreat encapsulates the very essence of Lord Howe Island, offering guests a haven of tranquillity and peace. Arajilla is perfectly positioned on the northern sheltered end of the Island’s lagoon just behind Old Settlement Beach, where meandering pathways lead through native gardens to the beach, to its serene Ayurvedic Spa luxurious suites and renowned restaurant. Explore the extraordinary scenery and wildlife of World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island. Walk bush trails, climb mountains, swim, surf, snorkel, fish, cycle around the Island, play golf beneath the mountains, take it easy on a deserted beach, enjoy a massage or treatment, savour fine food and wine. And it’s all less than a two hour flight from Sydney or Brisbane. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arajilla Retreat - Lord Howe Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arajilla Retreat Hotel Lord Howe Island
- Arajilla Retreat Lord Howe Island