We had never heard of Lord Howe Island before we started to plan our trip to Australia, and it turned out to be a great find. The island is a fantastic place to visit, there are lots of good walks of various grades, quiet beaches and sailing trips to keep you busy. Life seems to flow at a slower and more relaxing pace.
We stayed for 4 nights in a Lagoon Loft which is a split level suite with the bedroom upstairs. This has great views from the balcony and the bed (when looking past the trees), so it was worth the extra price.
Cocktails and canapes are served every night before dinner, and this was a good way to meet the other guests - some of whom we kept bumping into on our walks. The food (and drink) was always of a high standard, if a bit limited in the fish/vegetarian selection.
The staff worked really hard to keep everyone happy and were very friendly and helpful. We really didn't have to worry about anything, and had a great relaxing time.
A stay at Capella Lodge isn't cheap, but we're glad that we decided to come here, and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as the pinnacle of luxury on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island, Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a real ‘treasure island’. Capella’s nine contemporary island-style suites are designed to complement Lord Howe’s pristine natural environment. Luxurious surrounds, exceptional island-inspired dining and unforgettable ‘first-name’ service combine to create an outstanding Lord Howe Island lodging experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capella Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Resort All Inclusive
- Capella Hotel Lord Howe Island