There can be nothing quite like Capella. Lord Howe is itself a gem, but the diamond is Capella. It is exquisite in a way I have never experienced anywhere else in Australia (though I love the country dearly): splendid service in a way unique to our country; always there but never obtrusive nor obsequious. The meals are fabulous and the girls pre-dinner cocktails are fantastic (or at least after two who cares). The architecture and rooms are so comfortable it is hard to believe you are on an island in the middle of nowhere; and the views are unparalleled on the island or almost anywhere else. Nothing is a bother for the staff and everyone is happy to do anything to make one's stay a pleasure in all ways. it is the complete package. If you want the high life this is not the place for you, but if you want a beautiful experience Lord Howe has it and Capella is the cream. Just don't ride bicycles home after dark - the island cows don't carry lights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as the pinnacle of luxury on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island, Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a real ‘treasure island’. Capella’s nine contemporary island-style suites are designed to complement Lord Howe’s pristine natural environment. Luxurious surrounds, exceptional island-inspired dining and unforgettable ‘first-name’ service combine to create an outstanding Lord Howe Island lodging experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capella Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Resort All Inclusive
- Capella Hotel Lord Howe Island