I have just reluctantly returned to reality after a four night stay at Capella Lodge, and was stunned when I read Greenflurry’s review. My experience was vastly different, with both the lodge and the island exceeding my rather high expectations. The lodge managers (a couple – Libby and Mark) were fabulous hosts – from the warm greeting on arrival at the airport, to helping out with planning activities, to ensuring they spent time with all guests during their stay. And Robyn and the staff in the restaurant were also great – attentive and friendly. Service is as good as in other lodges I have stayed in around Australia and I loved the vibe of the lodge – sophisticated, relaxed and intimate.
Surprised to read that Greenflurry found the room furnishings tired – mine (Capella Suite) was immaculate and the bed was a dream. Lovely bathroom amenities too. And the views, especially from the restaurant and deck – breathtaking!
I have been wanting to visit Lord Howe Island for years and it also surpassed expectation – such a gorgeous unspoilt place, and the reef and fish life were amazing. Recommend getting a BBQ pack from the lodge and heading to Ned’s Beach – BBQ’s are set up there and stocked with firewood and at other spots on the island too. Great walks too, and Capella have complimentary bikes for guests to use or are happy to drop people off and pick them up in "town"
I’ll be back, hopefully for longer next time, both Capella and Lord Howe now have a place in my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as the pinnacle of luxury on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island, Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a real ‘treasure island’. Capella’s nine contemporary island-style suites are designed to complement Lord Howe’s pristine natural environment. Luxurious surrounds, exceptional island-inspired dining and unforgettable ‘first-name’ service combine to create an outstanding Lord Howe Island lodging experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capella Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Resort All Inclusive
- Capella Hotel Lord Howe Island